Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Memes: The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows. I got this eARC from Edelweiss and chose it because I like fantasy. Here is the description from Amazon for this March 10 release:
Adventure, intrigue, and romance combine in a new fantasy duology from Incarnate series author Jodi Meadows.

When Princess Wilhelmina was a child, the Indigo Kingdom invaded her homeland. Ten years later, Wil and the other noble children who escaped are ready to fight back and reclaim Wil's throne. To do so, Wil and her best friend, Melanie, infiltrate the Indigo Kingdom palace with hopes of gathering information that will help them succeed.

But Wil has a secret—one that could change everything. Although magic has been illegal for a century, she knows her ability could help her save her kingdom. But magic creates wraith, and the deadly stuff is moving closer and destroying the land. And if the vigilante Black Knife catches her using magic, she may disappear like all the others. . . .

The Orphan Queen delivers epic fantasy, perfect for fans of Graceling by Kristin Cashore, Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson, and Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo.
Beginning:
The mirrors were an expensive superstition. 
Friday 56:
I might have been the future queen, but here in the Ospreys, Patrick was the leader. Every time we disagreed and the decision was put to a vote, Patrick got what he wanted.

4 comments:

  1. The Orphan Queen sounds great. Thanks for sharing.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting. The beginning makes me want to know more about the superstition and I'm curious to know the dynamics of this group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried to read fantasy but I have a hard time getting into it. This book's beginning intrigues me, however, and the cover is beautiful.
    My Friday post features WHAT WE KEEP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to learn more about the book.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!