Monday, March 30, 2015

State of the Stack (March 30, 2015)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full. 

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit. 

My Review Pile

May
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge (May 5)
The Novice (Summoner Book 1) by Taran Matharu (May 5)
 Heat of the Moment by Lauren Barnholdt (May 12)
Making Pretty by Corey Ann Haydu (May 12)
 The Cost of All Things by Maggie Lehrman (May 12)
The Improbable Theory of Ana & Zak by Brian Katcher (May 19)
 A Sense of the Infinite by Hilary T. Smith (May 19)
Kissing in America by Margo Rabb (May 26)
The Fog Diver by Joel Ross (May 26)
The Cage by Megan Shepherd (May 26)

June
 The Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman (June 2)
Proof of Forever by Lexa Hillyer (June 2)
 Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu (June 2)
Our Brothers at the Bottom of the Sea by Jonathan Kranz (June 9)
 The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen (June 16)
Blood Will Tell by April Henry (June 16)
 Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat (June 16)
Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway (June 23)
The Leveller by Julia Durango (June 23)
Between Us and the Moon by Rebecca Maizel (June 30)

July
 Don't Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom (July 7)
Can Anybody Help Me? by Sinead Crowley (July 7)
 Paperweight by Meg Haston (July 7)
Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson (July 14)
 Battlesaurus: Rampage at Waterloo by Brian Falkner (July 28)
Lost by S. A. Bodeen (July 28)
August
School for Sidekicks by Kelly McCullough (August 4)
Public Enemies by Ann Aguirre (August 4)
Daughter of Dusk by Livia Blackburne (August 4)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Lies I Told by Michelle Zink (April 2) 
  2. The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre (April 4)
  3. Echoes by Laura K. Curtis (March 12) 
  4. Skandal by Lindsay Smith (April 9) 
  5. Every Last Promise by Kristin Halbrook (April 15) 
  6. Archie Greene and the Magician's Secret by D. D. Everest (April 18)
  7. Darkmouth #1: The Legend Begins by Shane Hegarty (April 22)
  8. The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver (April 23) 
  9. Flirty Dancing by Jenny McLachlan (April 25) 
  10. Drive Me Crazy by Terra Elan McVoy (April 30)
  11. Shadow of Doubt by P. A. DePaul (April 15)
Read Previously, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. Vampires Never Cry Wolf by Sara Humphreys (Feb. 26)
  2. The Memory Key by Liana Liu (Feb. 26)
  3. How to Win at High School by Owen Matthews (Feb. 28)
  4. The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski (March 5)
  5. Lost Boy by Tim Green (March 7)  
  6. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman (March 11) 
  7. Boys Don't Knit by T. S. Easton (March 12) 
  8. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows (March 14)
  9. Blackbird Fly by Erin Entrada Kelly (March 19)  
  10. First Time in Forever by Sarah Morgan (March 19) 
  11. Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes (March 21) 
  12. Holding Strong by Lori Foster (March 26) 
  13. Solitaire by Alice Oseman (March 26) 
  14. The Cemetery Boys by Heather Brewer (March 28) 
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date received and date published are listed in parentheses.
  1. Public Enemies by Ann Aguirre (August 4)
  2. Echoes by Laura K. Curtis (March 17)
  3. The Mystery Writers of America Cookbook: Wickedly Good Meals and Desserts to Die For edited by Kate White (March 24)
  4. Daughter of Dusk by Livia Blackburne (August 4)
  5. Shadow of Doubt by P. A. DePaul (April 21)
Next Month's Plan

I am managing to stay one month ahead in my reading. I will finish the last book on my calendar for reviews in April later today. All of my April book reviews are read, written and scheduled for posting.

I'll be starting to fill my May calendar with reviews with the next book I finish. As shown above, I currently have ten books for May review. 

My review pile actually shrunk this month. I got five books and read eleven. I have only one book on my NetGalley reading list and eighteen on my Edelweiss list. 

What is the state of your stack?  

2 comments:

  1. Lot's of good looking books this week.

    I hope you enjoy :) Happy Reading!

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up
    Michelle @ Book Brief

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get as organized as you! I can't even get my posts written a week in advance, let alone a month! And why didn't I ever think of writing and scheduling reviews for books that don't come out for months? I recently read Leveller, and was stuck with the dilemma of wanting to write the review while the book is still fresh in my head, and not wanting to post the review 3 months early. I feel silly for not realizing I could write the review now and schedule it to post in two months.

    ohdangmandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!