Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday Memes: Flirty Dancing by Jenny McLachlan

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Flirty Dancing by Jenny McLachlan. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description of this April 28 release:
Bea Hogg is shy, but she has a fiery core that she doesn’t let many see. When the national dance competition Starwars comes to her school looking for talent, she wants to sign up. It’s just her luck that her best friend Kat ditches her and agrees to enter with school super-witch Pearl Harris (and Bea’s former best friend).

Bea is determined to fight back! But when the school hottie, Ollie Matthews, who also happens to be Pearl’s boyfriend, decides to enter the competition with Bea to jive dance, she will have more than a fight on her hands.

Debut author Jenny McLachlan weaves a warm and hilarious story of friendship and dance starring the refreshing and plucky Bea Hogg.
Beginning:
A small naked person is licking me. I don't panic—this happens a lot. The naked person starts kissing my face.
Friday 56:
The second Emma's released from her stroller, she crouches down, frowns and begins to jiggle in time to "She's Like the Wind." This is how she always dances and she can keep it up for hours. Hopefully, she'll develop a few more moves before she hits her teens.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good story. I am interested to hear more about it. Enjoy the read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fantastic realistic mg book - I'll have to look into it. :)

    Check out my 56 (with Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, does this ever bring back memories!
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/24/the-friday-56-59-cut-me-free-by-j-r-johansson/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still laughing at the beginning.. not everyone will think baby I guess... LOL
    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear on finding someone licking you. :)

    ENJOY the book and your weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like it would be a rather hilarious read.
    Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!