Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Memes: The Pretty App by Katie Sise

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting The Pretty App by Katie Sise. I got this eARC at Edelweiss. Here is the description of this April 14 release:
The delightfully smart and funny companion to The Boyfriend App, about a mean girl who changes her ways. Author Katie Sise spins another fully loaded tale of technology, secrets, and big-time romance in this story of what it takes to be #trulybeautiful.

Poor Blake Dawkins! She's rich, she's gorgeous, and she's the queen bee of Harrison High. But it turns out Blake's life is not so perfect—just talk to her dad, who constantly reminds her that she's not up to par, or to her ex-bff, Audrey, who doesn't even look her in the eye.

Then every high school in America becomes obsessed with posting selfies on the ubiquitous Pretty App. Next: Leo, an adorable transfer student, arrives at Harrison and begins to show Blake that maybe being a queen bee doesn't mean being a queen b*tch. And though Audrey suspects somebody's playing foul, Blake finds herself catapulted to internet fame after being voted one of the prettiest girls in the country. She's whisked away to star in a reality show—in Hollywood, on live TV. But she doesn't know who to trust. Because everybody on the show wants to win. And nobody is there to make friends.
Beginning:
"I'm Blake Dawkins," I said into the camera. "And I'll be your host today on The Ex Factor. Today's first guest is Xander Knight. Mr. Knight, please take a seat right here on this swing set."

Xander gave me a look over the top of the phone. "It's harder to film you when you make me move around."
Friday 56:
I searched for McCARTHY, AUDREY. For her cover photo, Audrey had posted a white piece of paper with light blue watercolor letters spelling: I am so much more than a pretty face.

9 comments:

  1. I love that 56! Such a great message in there about being more than just a pretty face.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful and such a strong young woman. Kudos to her!
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/10/the-friday-56-57-warpath-by-richard-blomberg/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this book and I especially love Audrey's attitude when sending in her cover photo 'I am so much more than a pretty face' lol I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great 56! You can find mine here... http://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty impressed by the writing. Are your students able to check out e-books from your library and do they do it? I am getting ready to take the plunge but need encouragement. Please reply over at my website. Thanks. Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your students will definitely like this book! Blake seems pretty funny.

    Here's my beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the other novel for this on my shelf, though I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a really fun read!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!