Sunday, April 5, 2015

Stacking the YA Shelves (April 5, 2015)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

I added one book to my review stack this week.
I got a copy of Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell from Edelweiss. This book will be released on August 4. Here is the description from Amazon:
Nicolette’s awful stepsisters call her “Mechanica” to demean her, but the nickname fits: she learned to be an inventor at her mother’s knee. Her mom is gone now, though, and the Steps have pushed her into a life of dreary servitude. When she discovers a secret workshop in the cellar on her sixteenth birthday—and befriends Jules, a tiny magical metal horse—Nicolette starts to imagine a new life for herself. And the timing may be perfect: There’s a technological exposition and a royal ball on the horizon. Determined to invent her own happily-ever-after, Mechanica seeks to wow the prince and eager entrepreneurs alike.
This one sounds vaguely similar to Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I thought it sounded good. 

What did you add to your stack this week?

5 comments:

  1. Nice! Seeing this one around a bit! Love the cover! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I got Mechanica a few weeks ago and I can't wait to start reading it. Enjoy!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mechanica is in my TBR! Can't wait to read it :) August is so far away, though, Great haul!

    Haraiah @ Random Things in Action

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Cinder. Not sure about Mechanica, but maybe after I read Cinder it will grab me more.
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!