Monday, April 27, 2015

State of the Stack (April 27, 2015)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full. 

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit. 

My Review Pile

June
Night of the Highland Dragon by Isabel Cooper (June 2)
Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu (June 2)
Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman (June 2)
Proof of Forever by Lexa Hillyer (June 2)
Our Brothers at the Bottom of the Sea by Jonathan David Kranz (June 9)
 Blood Will Tell by April Henry (June 16)
Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat (June 16)
The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen (June 16)
Ever After by Jude Deveraux (June 23)
The Leveler by Julia Durango (June 23)
Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway (June 23)
Between Us and the Moon by Rebecca Maizel (June 30)

July
Hell or High Water by Julie Ann Walker (July 7)
Don't Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom (July 7)
Paperweight by Meg Haston (July 7)
Can Anybody Help Me? by Sinead Crowley (July 7)
Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson (July 14)
Lost by S. A. Bodeen (July 28)
Battlesaurus: Rampage at Waterloo by Brian Falkner (July 28)

August
Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Marty Wingate (August 4)
Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell (August 4)
Daughter of Dusk by Livia Blackburne (August 4)
Public Enemies by Ann Aguirre (August 4)
School for Sidekicks by Kelly McCullough (August 4)

September
 Hunter by Mercedes Lackey (Sept. 1)
Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers (Sept. 1)
Bridget Wilder: Spy-in-Training by Jonathan Bernstein (Sept. 8)
 Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scalsa (Sept. 15)
Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas (Sept. 15)
Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty (Sept. 15)
 Dreamland by Robert L, Anderson (Sept. 22)
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson (Sept. 22)
Connect the Stars by Marisa de los Santos and David Teague (Sept. 22)
What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler (Sept. 22)
This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee (Sept. 22)
 
I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. The Novice by Taran Matharu (April 29)
  2. Lowcountry Boneyard by Susan M. Boyer (April 22)
  3. Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge (May 7)
  4. The Cost of All Things by Maggie Lehrman (May 9)  
  5. Making Pretty by Corey Ann Haydu (May 14) 
  6. The Improbable Theory of Ana & Zak by Brian Katcher (May 16) 
  7. Blood on the Bayou by DJ Donaldson (April 29) 
  8. The Fog Diver by Joel Ross (May 20)
  9. A Sense of the Infinite by Hilary T. Smith (May 21) 
  10. Velvet by Temple West (May 13)
  11. Kissing in America by Margo Rabb (May 23)
Read Previously, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. Lies I Told by Michelle Zink (April 2) 
  2. The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre (April 4)
  3. Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier (April 8)
  4. Skandal by Lindsay Smith (April 9) 
  5. The Pretty App by Katie Sise (April 11)
  6. Every Last Promise by Kristin Halbrook (April 15) 
  7. Shadow of Doubt by P. A. DePaul (April 15)
  8. Dear Hank Williams by Kimberly Willis Holt (April 16)
  9. Archie Greene and the Magician's Secret by D. D. Everest (April 18)
  10. Darkmouth #1: The Legends Begin by Shane Hegarty (April 22)
  11. The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver (April 23) 
  12. Flirty Dancing by Jenny McLachlan (April 25) 
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date received and date published are listed in parentheses.
  1.  Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell (Aug. 4)
  2. Lowcountry Boneyard by Susan M. Boyer (April 21)
  3. Night of the Highland Dragon by Isabel Cooper (June 1) 
  4. Hell or High Water by Julie Ann Walker (July 7) 
  5. Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty (Sept. 15)
  6. Blood on the Bayou by DJ Donaldson (Oct. 31, 2014)
  7. This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee (Sept. 22) 
  8. Bridget Wilder: Spy-in-Training by Jonathan Bernstein (Sept. 1) 
  9. What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler (Sept. 22) 
  10. Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas (Sept. 15) 
  11. Connect the Stars by Marisa de los Santos and David Teague (Sept. 22) 
  12. Walk the Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson (Sept. 22) 
  13. Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa (Sept. 8) 
  14. Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson (Sept. 22) 
  15. Velvet by Temple West (May 12) 
  16. Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers (Sept. 1) 
  17. Hunter by Mercedes Lackey (Sept. 1) 
  18. Ever After by Jude Deveraux (June 23)
  19. Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Marty Wingate (Aug. 4)
Next Month's Plan

I stocked up this month on September releases. I just have one more May release to read before I start tackling the pile for June. Most of my summer blog openings are already filled. It is nice to know what I'll be reading for the next few months but I am starting to look with longing at some of the books I have recently purchased.

What is the state of your review stack?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!