Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Dear Hank Williams by Kimberly Willis Holt

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
You've become a habit I just can't break. Hey, that sounds like the title of a song! You're welcome to use it, if you like.
This week my teaser comes from Dear Hank Williams by Kimberly Willis Holt. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description of this April 14 release:
It’s 1948 in Rippling Creek, Louisiana, and Tate P. Ellerbee’s new teacher has just given her class an assignment—learning the art of letter-writing. Luckily, Tate has the perfect pen pal in mind: Hank Williams, a country music singer whose star has just begun to rise. Tate and her great-aunt and -uncle listen to him on the radio every Saturday night, and Tate just knows that she and Hank are kindred spirits.

Told entirely through Tate’s hopeful letters, this beautifully drawn novel from National Book Award–winning author Kimberly Willis Holt gradually unfolds a story of family love, overcoming tragedy, and an insightful girl learning to find her voice.

6 comments:

  1. What a quirky, fun teaser! I hope you enjoy the book. The cover looks gorgeous.

    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a delightful story. I enjoy reading books that take place in this era, and stories told through letters fascinate me. I'm adding this to my TBR list.
    My Tuesday post features AN UNHOLY ALLIANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a clever and fun book. I'd love to read it:)
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/14/teasers-tuesdays-110-shelf-life-the-publicist-book-two/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!