Monday, May 18, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 18, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

Because of a construction project to expand our Elementary School, next week is the last week for our Kindergarten through fifth grade students. We are all in a rush to finish projects while working around the last field trips, music programs, and activity days.

There are still three weeks for the Middle School/High School students. Since I work half days at each building, I get to experience the final rush twice this year. The last two weeks are filled with workshops and curriculum meetings for the Elementary Staff. I'll be able to take part in only some of those activities but look forward to getting some curriculum and rubrics written for next year.

Read Last Week
I recently received, and just had to read, A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I enjoyed it. I donated it to my MS/HS Media Center but will be steering it to my older students. There are some themes that I don't think would be best for my younger YAs or Middle School students. My review will be posted on June 3.

Currently
I am currently reading Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat. I got this review book from Edelweiss. Thus far, I don't like the main character very much but I am eager to see where the story goes.

Next Week
I am optimistically listing three books for this week but I don't know if I'll actually be able to get any of them read with much of my time filled with end of the school year activities.

Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway is a review book from Edelweiss. It will be released on June 23.

The Leveller by Julie Durango will also be released on June 23. I got this science fiction story from Edelweiss too.

Rogue by Julie Kagawa is from my TBR stack. I want to get this second book in her dragon series read and donated to the MS/HS Media Center before this school year is over.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
What was your week like? Leave a link and I'll be sure to stop by.

6 comments:

  1. I agree The Court of Thorn and Roses us for the older Ya audience, I enjoyed it though.

    Have a great reading week

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked A Court of Thorns and Roses more than I thought I would. I'm adding it to my library's teen collection even though I'd heard it was "New Adult". I think that it is similar to the stuff I was reading as a teen in terms of content. Our teen room is meant to serve ages 11-18 so there is a wide variety in terms of maturity of content. Hopefully there won't be any complaints :)

    Sounds like a very busy time ahead for you with wrapping up the school year twice! I hope everything goes well and that it is not too stressful. My mom's school gets out soon too. She is planning to teach one more year and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these books look interesting Kathy. I'm usually cautious about what I read because my library is for 5 to 13 year olds. I read these older titles for my own pleasure anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy first last day of school! It might actually be a bit nice to have them staggered - space out the crazy a little bit. Looks like you still had some decent time for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to have the end of school happen twice! I'll be sure to look for your choices in YA. This book is new to me, so on my list! Thanks, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! These are all unfamiliar titles to me so I am glad that I paid a visit - although I'm late for the Monday reading party! Enjoy all those yummy reads.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!