Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Memes: The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen. I got the eARC of this YA Contemporary from Edelweiss. Here is the description from Amazon:
Don't get mad, get even! In this poignant and hilarious novel, Rachael Allen brilliantly explores the nuances of high school hierarchies, the traumas sustained on the path to finding true love, and the joy of discovering a friend where you least expect.

In the small town of Ranburne, high school football rules and the players are treated like kings. How they treat the girls they go to school with? That's a completely different story. Liv, Peyton, Melanie Jane, and Ana each have their own reason for wanting to teach the team a lesson—but it's only when circumstances bring them together that they come up with the plan to steal the one thing the boys hold sacred. All they have to do is beat them at their own game.
Beginning:
You will complete the following 14 dares—one for every game to Panther football team won last year.
Friday 56:
Mama makes her solving-a-problem face, probably because I've never cried this much over a boy. Not since that thing that happened last year with Ana anyway. "What wrong? Did you do something?"

7 comments:

  1. I don't read a lot of contemporary, but I may have to make an exception. :)

    Check out my 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing...and although I don't often pick up books about high school drama, this one sounds like fun.

    Here's mine: “IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT”

    ReplyDelete
  3. 14 dares is a great way to start! Lots of adventure to anticipate. I wonder if they will be unique or somewhat cliche of high school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like something my mom would say, what did "I" do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it would sound fun, but it was more intriguing than I expected.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This could be good and that cover is funny.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/05/the-friday-56-64-hexed/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!