Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Blood Will Tell by April Henry

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Mariana stretched out her arms as if she wanted someone to catch her. Snatch her up and hold her close.

Instead it was the pickup that caught her. Caught her midstride. One moment Mariana was running toward them, and the next she disappeared.

Ruby didn't see the impact, but she heard it. A sickening, meaty thump.
This week my teaser is from Blood Will Tell by April Henry. This is the second book in her Point Last Seen series. Here is the description from Amazon;
When a woman's body is found in a Portland park, suspicion falls on an awkward kid who lives only a few blocks away, a teen who collects knives, loves first-person shooter video games, and obsessively doodles violent scenes in his school notebooks. Nick Walker goes from being a member of Portland's Search and Rescue team to the prime suspect in a murder, his very interest in SAR seen as proof of his fascination with violence. How is this even possible? And can Alexis and Ruby find a way to help clear Nick's name before it's too late?

April Henry weaves another page-turning, high stakes mystery in Blood Will Tell, Book 2 of the Point Last Seen series.

8 comments:

  1. This book sounds amazing! I love the teaser that you picked. Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a vivid scene! This sounds like a story I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features The Chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this one. The teaser evokes quite an image, doesn't it? This sounds intense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh! That's an intense teaser!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! What a teaser. This is a must read now:)

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/09/teaser-tuesdays-118-grizzly-trade/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I could actually feel that impact! Great teaser and I love the cover for this book! I'll have to check out the series when I get the chance.

    Here's my Teaser from Awakening Iris!

    Wendy Lohr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Kathy! That sounds pretty heavy! I hope you're enjoying Blood Will Tell!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!