Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Memes: Reawakened by Colleen Houck

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Reawakened by Colleen Houck. This is the first book in a new fantasy series. Here is the description:
When seventeen-year-old Lilliana Young enters the Metropolitan Museum of Art one morning during spring break, the last thing she expects to find is a live Egyptian prince with godlike powers, who has been reawakened after a thousand years of mummification. 
And she really can’t imagine being chosen to aid him in an epic quest that will lead them across the globe.
 
But fate has taken hold of Lily, and she, along with her sun prince, Amon, must travel to the Valley of the Kings, raise his brothers, and stop an evil, shape-shifting god named Seth from taking over the world. 
 
From New York Times bestselling author Colleen Houck comes an epic adventure about two star-crossed teens who must battle mythical forces and ancient curses on a journey with more twists and turns than the Nile itself.
 
Beginning:
In the great city of Itjtawy, the air was thick and heavy, reflecting the mood of the men in the temple, especially the countenance of the king and the terrible burden he carried in his heart.
Friday 56:
Taking a water bottle, I poured a good amount over the burn and then used my T-shirt to dry it. An awkwardness had grown between us and I couldn't seem to look Amon in the eye.

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good one, especially for kids who enjoy anything Egypt.

    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed Egyptian mythology and this sounds like a must read to me! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): http://never-anyone-else.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-friday-56-with-book-beginnings-fold.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this is my kind of book but I do love the Egyptian tie in. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I'll read this one, but I believe that I have read a novel by Colleen Houck before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've certainly gotten me interested in this one. Curious to see where it goes, so I think I'll be picking this one up.

    My F56: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/friday-56-throne-of-fire.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a lot of fun and I'm really liking the cover. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested, that's for sure.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ENJOY...not my genre.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a lot of fun! I am adding Reawakened to my to read list. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!