Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Memes: Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers. I got this eARC from Edelweiss for review. Here is the description from Amazon:
A breathtaking debut brings us the unforgettable story of a small-town love, big dreams, and family drama.

Silas Hart has seriously shaken up Westlin Beck's small-town life. Brand-new to town, Silas is different from the guys in Green Lake. He's curious, poetic, philosophical, maddening—and really, really cute. But Silas has a sister—and she has a secret. And West has a boyfriend. And life in Green Lake is about to change forever.

Truest is a stunning, addictive debut. Romantic, fun, tender, and satisfying, it asks as many questions as it answers. Perfect for fans of The Fault in Our Stars and Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have).
Beginning:
The swans on Green Lake looked like tiny icebergs, only it was the first weekend of my summer vacation.
Friday 56:
My voice curved like her shoulders and turned soft and slow, bowed with understanding as the poem allowed for falling in love with someone else's sadness. 

12 comments:

  1. I like that teaser. Sounds like a good YA read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Sounds like a great book, enjoy.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed this one, sounds good. :)

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful excerpts...and I love the imagery...thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “BEFORE THE STORM”


    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the comparison of swans to icebergs in the opening. Clever and original. Sounds like a good story.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Friday 56, it sounds so beautiful.
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/friday-reads-and-friday-56-with-book_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the description in the beginning, it's quite recognizable! And then there's that stunning F56! I'd have to read a bit more to figure out whether this is one for me! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!

    My Friday post

    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of get what the author means about "falling in love with someone's sadness." Lovely line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally get the 56. The emotion you get when reading some poetry can be very profound.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't usually read contemporary, but this doesn't sound bad. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!