Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Memes: Connect the Stars by Marisa de los Santos and David Teague

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Connect the Stars by Marisa de los Santos and David Teague. I got the middle grade eARC from Edelweiss. Here is the description from Amazon:
From Saving Lucas Biggs authors Marisa de los Santos and David Teague comes a heartwarming middle grade adventure about two misfits discovering the importance of just being themselves.

When thirteen-year-olds Aaron and Audrey meet at a wilderness camp in the desert, they think their quirks are enough to prevent them from ever having friends. But as they trek through the challenging and unforgiving landscape, they learn that they each have what it takes to make the other whole.

Luminous and clever, Connect the Stars takes on some hefty topics of the day—bullying, understanding where you fit in, and learning to live with physical and mental challenges—all in a joyous adventure kids will love!
Beginning:
I was thirteen years old, and I could have written a book on lying. 
Friday 56:
I heard Kate struggle with the lid to the bottle, and then someone must have gotten it off because suddenly the inside of my nose was prickling with a medicinal smell. It wasn't bad, really. I mean, you wouldn't want to use witch hazel as a perfume, but at least it smelled powerful, and I was hoping for a powerful cure.

6 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of this - I'll have to look out for it. Thanks for sharing.

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been seeing this one around lately. It brings back fond memories of camp.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/18/the-friday-56-78-the-flip/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curious 56, lovely cover and intriguing beginning!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!