Monday, September 14, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Sept. 14, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

My first week of school went well. The kids were all great, the technology all worked, and I love going home at 1:30. The weather was also great though this weekend cooled off and made it seem almost Fall-like.

I am really piling on the steps according to my FitBit after a really sedentary summer. Due to construction, our elementary parking lot is a lot like a maze. It is easy to see my car but difficult to wind through all the fences to get to it. I also took advantage of getting home early one day to go for a nice walk and another day to walk to the local farmers' market.

Read Last Week
I had a chance to get a couple of books off TBR mountain and into the hands of my students.

I enjoyed The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker and thought it was a nice historical fantasy. My review will be posted on November 18.

I also enjoyed The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. That contemporary mystery was a real page-turner for me. My review will be posted on November 19.

Currently
With a gap in my reviewing schedule, I decided to finally read The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson. It has been on my TBR stack since the day it was released.

Next Week
 I can fit in another few books from my TBR mountain before I need to read some more review books. I chose:
I also chose The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent from my TBR mountain.

The next review book I'll be reading is The Devil's Engine: Hellraisers by Alexander Gordon Smith which will be released on December 1.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

None!

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

5 comments:

  1. Glad your school year is off to a good start! I thought about getting a FitBit but I don't know if it would motivate me. My life is too sedentary and I meant to do something about that this summer but it never happened :(

    I loved Ink and Bone and I liked The Fixer. I still need to read The Heart of Betrayal. I've had it checked out from the library for a month now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got books coming up that I enjoyed. Glad the week went well at school and getting home by 1:30 is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you enjoyed The Fixer. I've heard Barnes' mysteries are quite good, but I haven't picked one up yet. I'm going to try to begin An Ember in the Ashes this week, and have Ink and Bone and Lock & Mori on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice! I loved Heart of Betrayal! Still need to read An Ember in the Ashes and The Stars Never Rise myself. Hoping to get to the former within the coming month or so! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing writer friends promote Lock & Mori - since we're going to have a mystery reading theme in November and December, I will have to find this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!