Monday, September 21, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Sept. 21, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

Our first full week of school also went great. The weather is pleasant. The construction at the elementary building is going well and isn't disrupting my part of the school at all. It will be nice when it is all finished in December and the people who have been displaced are all able to move into their permanent locations. Since the office has moved into the teachers' lounge, it will be nice to have our lounge back.

I spent Thursday afternoon at the dentist. I had a cavity under a crown and needed to have the crown removed, the cavity taken care of, and then all the prep work for a new crown. Since I have an extremely strong gag reflex, this wasn't a fun afternoon for me or for my dentist. Now I have to go back in a couple of weeks to get my new crown. Meanwhile, I have a temporary plastic crown and have been told to try to chew on the other side. 

I have been trying to walk at least 8000 steps a day and most school days I easily make that goal. Friday afternoon I missed my walk though because I was waiting for phone calls. I still need to work on getting more walking in during the weekends. Reading, blogging, housework and errands don't make me feel like going out for a walk.  

Read Last Week
I had a chance to read a couple of books from my TBR mountain this week.

I had heard great things about Court of Fives by Kate Elliott and was pleased to find that all of them were true. I really enjoyed this high fantasy which begins a series. My review will be posted on November 21.

I am a big fan of Rachel Vincent and was also happy to read The Stars Never Rise. This one also begins a new series that is part dytopia and part fantasy. My review will be posted on November 25.

Currently
I have had Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine on my TBR mountain since it was released. I am eager to finally get a chance to fit it into my reading calendar.

Next Week
The next two review books on my stack are The Devil's Engine: Hellraisers by Alexander Gordon Smith and Inherit the Stars by Tessa Elwood. Both are being released in early December.
I hope to also fit in a couple more from my TBR mountain. I got both The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh and An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir in July.

Reviews Posted

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

I got a box of review books from Macmillan on Friday. Most of these are middle grade books.
Secrets of the Dragon Tomb by Patrick Samphire will be released on Jan. 12.
High School Horror: Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker will also be released on Jan. 12
Friday Barnes Girl Detective by R. A. Spratt will be released on Jan. 19
The Inn Between by Marina Cohen will be released on March 22
The Girl in the Tower by Lisa Schroeder will be released on March 29

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read.

3 comments:

  1. I hate dental work too. It is the worst :(

    I hope you like Ink and Bone. I thought it was fantastic. I also liked The Wrath and the Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! I enjoyed The Wrath and the Dawn and find that I still need to read An Ember in the Ashes and the Stars Never Rise!

    Hope you enjoy this week's reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The middle grade readers you received from Macmillan look interesting. I have read a few of Marisa de los Santos's adult books and didn't realize she wrote for middle grade readers. Thanks for the review of Connect the Stars, sounds like I'll have to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!