Monday, September 28, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Sept. 28, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

Baseball is winding down with my Atlanta Braves out of the post-season this year but The Voice has begun its new season. I was hoping that my reading time would increase but it looks there will be as much viewing as before. I am also eager to watch some of the new programs debuting this fall. I watched the premiere of Blindspot after The Voice last week and enjoyed it. 

Our weather this past week was delightfully summer-like. I took lots of long walks after school before settling down in front of my computer. Unfortunately, the forecast for next week, which happens to be Homecoming week at school, is looking more fall-like. I think they are predicting rain for every day. Since I'm a fair weather walker, my step count will likely go down. On the up side, my reading time will increase.

Read Last Week
Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine begins a new fantasy series. I enjoyed the world building and the characters. I am eager to read the next book. My review will be posted on November 26.

When I couldn't get into the next book on my review stack, I turned to my TBR mountain and decided to read The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry which had been there since 2010. I enjoyed this fantasy retelling reminiscent of Cinderella. My review will be posted on November 28.

Currently
Next up on my stack is An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.

Next Week
I hope to get a chance to read The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh next week.

My next review book is Inherit the Stars by Tessa Elwood which is an eARC from NetGalley that will be released on December 8.

Reviews Posted

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

I added one review book to my stack this week.
Mr. Fahrenheit by T. Michael Martin will be released on April 19. I got this eARC from Edelweiss.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm kind of sad about fall weather. Today is still in the 70s here so that's something at least! I have been waiting for fall premieres and was very excited to watch Indian Summers on PBS last night. Not as good as Downton Abbey but definitely a good show I think I will enjoy this fall.

    I loved Ink and Bone and I liked The Wrath and the Dawn. An Ember in the Ashes was okay. I thought it was suspenseful but the main female character was kind of a victim for most of the book which disappointed me after all the Katniss Everdeen like heroines I'm used to from YA fiction. Hopefully the movie will portray her as stronger.

    I'm currently reading What We Saw. I'll have to check out your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still have unusually warm weather for almost October. I'm hoping for some rain which is one possibility, but slim. Your reading is much more fantasy than I read, but I enjoy hearing what you share. I've heard others talk about Ink & Bone, too. I'll put it on the ever-growing list, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have An Ember on my TBR list. I am eager to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are reading a great variety right now! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday and taking the time to comment!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. An Ember in the Ashes and The Wrath & The Dawn are both on my list to read this week too. I'm going to head over and read the 3 reviews you posted now as I am eager to read each of those books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to having Crenshaw be made available in our public libraries. Looks like a lyrical read.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!