Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Memes: Losers Take All by David Klass

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Losers Take All by David Klass. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description:
From the author of the backlist favorite You Don't Know Me, a dramedy about the agony of victory and the thrill of defeat.

At Jack Logan’s sports-crazy New Jersey high school, the new rule is that all kids must play on a team. So Jack and a ragtag group of anti-athletic friends decide to get even. They are going to start a rebel JV soccer team whose mission is to avoid victory at any cost, setting out to secretly undermine the jock culture of the school. But as the team’s losing formula becomes increasingly successful at attracting fans and attention, Jack and his teammates are winning in ways they never expected—and don’t know how to handle.
Beginning:
The scoreboard had been designed in Japan, and our town had bought it a year ago to record Fremont's glorious football victories and track triumphs.
Friday 56:
Becca thought for a moment. "Let's go see Shadow."

"Look out the window," I said. "It's night. No sun, no shadows."

She laughed. "Shadow is my horse."

"Does he see visitors this late?"

8 comments:

  1. I love the premise of this book! Sounds like a fun story.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this novel before, so thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI,
    Sound very interesting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, this one sounds like a funny one. I'd probably be on this team, seeing as I'm not a big sports person either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The title made me smile and the cover made me laugh. Sounds like some fun characters too.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/10/16/the-friday-56-82-my-life-as-a-white-trash-zombie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this sounds like a great book - and certainly interesting for parents whose kids are involved in sports - there is too much focus on kids and sports so this sounds like a fun book. Here's My Book Beginning & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'd like this one a lot. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!