Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Memes: The White Rose by Amy Ewing

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting The White Rose by Amy Ewing. I got this eARC from Edelweiss for review. Here is the description:
The compelling and gripping sequel to Amy Ewing's debut, The Jewel, which BCCB said "Will have fans of Oliver's Delirium, Cass's The Selection, and DeStefano's Wither breathless."

Violet is on the run—away from the Jewel, away from a lifetime of servitude, away from the Duchess of the Lake, who bought her at auction. With Ash and Raven traveling with her, Violet will need all of her powers to get her friends, and herself, out of the Jewel alive.

But no matter how far Violet runs, she can't escape the rebellion brewing just beneath the Jewel's glittering surface, and her role in it. Violet must decide if she is strong enough to rise against the Jewel and everything she has ever known.
Beginning:
The Arcana is silent.

I stare at the small silver tuning fork, nestled among the jewels scattered across my vanity Garnet's words echo in my ears.

We're going to get you out.
Friday 56:
"Listen to me." Lucien puts both hands on my shoulders. "It can be done. It's been done before."

My mouth falls open. "What? By who?"

"That doesn't matter right now. You have to do this. Otherwise..." He looks from me, to Rowan, and finally, reluctantly, to Ash. "Otherwise, you're all dead."

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fascinating story. I'm wondering why she has a tuning fork on her vanity. Beautiful cover.
    Thank you for visiting my blog.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cover and intriguing excerpts. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover reminds me of the Selection. Sounds like the stakes are high in this one. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book isn't for me, but I hope you enjoy it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's intense. I enjoyed The Selection so I might need to check this one out too.

    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/10/02/love-the-snark-the-friday-56-80-brooklyn-bones/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 56 definitely makes me curious.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to read this one. Only a couple more days.
    Thanks for sharing and getting me even more excited!
    I hope you have a fabulous weekend.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!