Monday, October 26, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (October 26, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

I don't know where this week went. I could have sworn that yesterday was Monday. I suppose three after-school meetings can fill up a week. I also got my flu shot and have been feeling just a little out of sorts; I've been going to bed pretty early this week.

Our weather has been glorious this past week. We have had cool, crisp nights and comfortably warm days with those blue skies one only sees in autumn. Friday afternoon and evening we saw just a little bit of much needed rain.

My newly arriving review copies on my adult blog have had me rearranging my blogging calendar a few times this week already. I have been too busy working with my blog and calendars to actually get much reading done. I'm writing this Friday evening and hoping that Saturday and Sunday will have lots of uninterrupted reading time.

Read Last Week
I pulled Ranger's Apprentice: The Lost Stories by John Flanagan from my stack where it had been sitting since October 4, 2011 and enjoyed all of the stories. My review will be posted on December 17.

Currently
I am currently reading The Tournament at Gorlan by John Flanagan. This is the first in his new Ranger's Apprentice prequel series.

Next Week
Next on my stack are Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo and Dumplin' by Julie Murphy.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson was a deal for my Kindle this week.

I also got a copy of Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

8 comments:

  1. I always think "Another Flanagan? Really?" and then I love it. It's good you read The Lost Stories first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Dumplin' and really liked it. I've got Illuminae and These Shallow Graves on my TBR pile and hope to get to them soon. I am so behind on my review books. At least I've been a little better recently about not adding more to the stack.

    I hope you find more time for reading. You are the most organized book blogger I know of! I'm always impressed by how much you manage to read and review and how you have books read in time to review them by the release dates. Wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six of Crows sounds so good, but I think I'm going to try to read the Grisha trilogy before I start on that one. I've heard some really interesting things about Illuminae. I'm going to check out your review for These Shallow Graves; Donnelly is a real hit-or-miss author for me but this book sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you turned me onto Ranger's Apprentice last week or so. I still haven't read one, but they are now on my list at least. I've put a hold on the audiobook of The Ruins of Gorlan at our local library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have many of these same books...I am sort of saving Six Of Crows...not sure why...I love anything that Marie Lu...

    Enjoy! Is this a week without meetings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. writes...anything that Marie Lu writes...I am having trouble writing today...heeheehee!

      Delete
  7. Oh I also have Six of Crows! Was very excited to receive a review copy several weeks ago - can't wait to sink my teeth into it - I am just currently going through most of our book club reads, then I will jump into Six of Crows stat!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!