Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday Memes: The Girl Who Could Not Dream by Sarah Beth Durst

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Sophie had only ever stolen one dream.
Friday 56:
He shifted from foot to foot. "Look, Sophie...you won't, you know..."

"Tell anyone?" she finished for him. "I never do."
This week I am spotlighting The Girl Who Could Not Dream by Sarah Beth Durst. I got this middle grade ARC from the author via NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
Sophie loves the hidden shop below her parents' bookstore, where dreams are secretly bought and sold. When the dream shop is robbed and her parents go missing, Sophie must unravel the truth to save them. Together with her best friend—a wisecracking and fanatically loyal monster named Monster—she must decide whom to trust with her family’s carefully guarded secrets. Who will help them, and who will betray them? 

10 comments:

  1. I like the beginning and the quote. Such a fun cover too!

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/11/13/the-friday-56-85-the-captive-condition/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for this book! And it sounds like a really fun grade school book (oh..who am I kidding..I want to read it now..lol). Looks like a great choice. Here's my Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  3. That critter in the front put a smile on my face. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the opening line about she had only stolen one dream because how has she stolen a dream and then why only one? I'm intrigued enough to want to know more and might look out for this book now.

    Here’s my Book Beginnings post:
    https://rathertoofondofbooks.wordpress.com/2015/11/13/book-beginnings-13-november-in-real-life-by-jessica-love/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems like my kind of book, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks cute.

    ENJOY, and thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stolen dreams? Cool!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh that's a great start, really makes me want to read it.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a great read. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!