Monday, November 16, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 16, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

This has been another quiet week. The second quarter of the school year began with a workday/inservice day for teachers which included a session on Writers Workshop that was interesting but largely irrelevant to my teaching position.

Starting with an inservice day meant that I didn't know what day it was all the rest of the week. I kept thinking that it had to be Friday but Friday took forever to actually arrive. I did manage to plan my lessons for the rest of this quarter and got a good start on planning my lessons for next semester too. I feel like I got a lot accomplished.

At home, I am still dealing with my Bejeweled Blitz addiction and didn't get as much reading done as I had hoped. The school board meeting Tuesday night was actually short and painless. I was home shortly after 9 PM. Wednesday afternoon I caught up on the episode of The Voice I missed. I have already picked favorites in the top 12 and will be eager to see how the rest of the season progresses.

Read Last Week
I read Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker this week. I thought it was too long and slow paced. I also really disliked the main character. Fans of horror might enjoy it. My review will be posted on January 2.

Currently
After requesting this ARC on Aug. 19, I finally got a copy of Underwater by Marisa Reichardt this week from NetGalley. With its January 12 release date, it moved to next on my reading list.

Next Week
I have more January release review books on my stack for next week.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
Winter by Marissa Meyer arrived at my house this week.

Then I added a few more review books to my stack:

Underwater by Marisa Reichardt (Jan. 12)
Jockey Girl by Shelley Peterson (Feb. 8)
These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker (Feb. 9)
Behind the Canvas by Alexander Vance (Feb. 23)
Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend (March 8)

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

7 comments:

  1. I'll be interested seeing what you think about Underwater. I just saw it listed on the Indies Next list and it had my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was off on Monday and Wednesday last week and it confused me too. This week I am off on Thursday and next week I get Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving. Can't believe it is here already!

    I am curious about Sword and Verse. I have some 2016 releases to read too but I plan to wait till December to start on those. I'm behind on my 2015 review books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might never get to the Lunar Chronicles. I knew about them when the first one came out, but just never got started. Maybe someday. I will look for Underwater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Girl Who Could Not Dream looks like a good book for my elementary readers. On the Run sounds interesting too. I have enjoyed the first two of the Lunar Chronicles and need to get busy reading the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Girl Who Could Not Dream looks like an interesting read. Thanks for your review. I'll have to find a copy to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Girl Who Could Not Dream looks like an interesting read. Thanks for your review. I'll have to find a copy to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really love the look of Winter - which reminds me that I have to begin reading the series soonest! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!