Monday, November 30, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 30, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

How did it get to be the end of November already? My part of Minnesota is still snow-free which makes me really happy. Our weather has been bright and sunny for a good part of this Thanksgiving weekend. It was a little rainy and gloomy Thanksgiving Day but, as I didn't have to travel, that was all right too.

It has been nice having a couple of extra days off this week. I've been cooking and reading and playing on my computer. I've caught up on posting my Amazon reviews and I've been working on my review book calendar.

I haven't left the house this weekend. Black Friday shopping doesn't appeal to me at all. Besides not wanting or needing anything for myself, I haven't heard from anyone yet about what they want for Christmas. I wait because I don't want to buy something they don't want or need. I'm all about not adding more clutter to my life or anyone else's life.

Read Last Week
Friday Barnes, Girl Detective by R. A. Spratt was a humorous middle grade mystery that begins a series. I really liked the dialog and the observations that Friday made about those around her. I thought the cases Friday solved were middle grade appropriate like finding missing homework and a lost clock. I liked Friday as a character. My review will be posted on January 15.

Currently
I have just begin Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan and am enjoying the fantasy setting. This book will be released on January 19. I got the eARC from Edelweiss.

Next Week
The Capture by Tom Isbell is the sequel to The Prey and the second book in a trilogy. This is a January 19 release.

The Mystery of Hollow Places by Rebecca Podos is a mystery by an author I haven't read before. This eARC came from Edelweiss and is a January 19 release.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
I added two new books by authors I enjoy when I saw them listed on a list of best fantasy of the year.
You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read.

5 comments:

  1. Nice! Seeing a lot of buzz over Sword and Verse! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look for Friday Barnes, Girl Detective. It sound like something my readers might like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friday Barnes, Girl Detectives looks like a fun book and probably something my 5th grade girls would enjoy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look for Friday Barnes. It's sometimes tough to find a good mystery for that grade level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to look for Friday Barnes. It's sometimes tough to find a good mystery for that grade level.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!