Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Out of the way!" a Garda cried, and pushed him almost off his feet, toward the exit. "Get clear! Don't you know Greek fire when you see it, you fool?"
This week my teaser comes from Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine. This is the first book in a new fantasy series. Here is the description from Amazon:
In an exhilarating new series, New York Times bestselling author Rachel Caine rewrites history, creating a dangerous world where the Great Library of Alexandria has survived the test of time.…

Ruthless and supremely powerful, the Great Library is now a presence in every major city, governing the flow of knowledge to the masses. Alchemy allows the Library to deliver the content of the greatest works of history instantly—but the personal ownership of books is expressly forbidden.

Jess Brightwell believes in the value of the Library, but the majority of his knowledge comes from illegal books obtained by his family, who are involved in the thriving black market. Jess has been sent to be his family’s spy, but his loyalties are tested in the final months of his training to enter the Library’s service.

When he inadvertently commits heresy by creating a device that could change the world, Jess discovers that those who control the Great Library believe that knowledge is more valuable than any human life—and soon both heretics and books will burn.…

9 comments:

  1. I want to read this one! So many good books out there. I wish I didn't need to sleep.

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/11/24/teaser-tuesdays-137-a-piece-of-you/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father in law likes to read alternate history novels. This one does sound really interesting.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd like this one, and might add it to my TBR. Here's my TT for the week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/11/teaser-tuesdaysfirst-chapter-first_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to this one. My Teaser is from a YA urban fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great premise. I sometimes enjoy reading alternative histories, and this sounds like a good one.
    My Tuesday post features The Beach House.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really interesting premise and teaser. I'm going to make a note of it. Here's my teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-12n

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice teaser!! Sadly, I couldn't get into this one. Hope you're enjoying it though!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowwee! This book sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    My teaser is from a book I'm reading with my daughter - Magic Marks the Spot: http://www.foofynotfoofy.com/foofynotfoofy/2015/11/24/teaser-tuesday-magic-marks-the-spot-by-caroline-carlson

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!