Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday Memes: The Royal Ranger by John Flanagan

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
It had been a poor harvest in Scanlon Estate.
Friday 56:
"On top of that, you've said yourself that she's rebellious and difficult. Maybe she needs the discipline that life as an apprentice would bring. I'm not saying she should do the full five-year apprenticeship. A year should be enough—just so she wins her bronze oakleaf. The experience will do her a lot of good."
This week I am spotlighting The Royal Ranger by John Flanagan. This is the final book in The Ranger's Apprentice series. I've had this book on my stack since Nov. 6, 2013. I've read the rest of the series but this one was overlooked somehow. Here is the description from Amazon;
Will Treaty has come a long way from the small boy with dreams of knighthood. Life had other plans for him, and as an apprentice Ranger under Halt, he grew into a legend—the finest Ranger the kingdom has ever known. Yet Will is facing a tragic battle that has left him grim and alone. To add to his problems, the time has come to take on an apprentice of his own, and it’s the last person he ever would have expected. Fighting his personal demons, Will has to win the trust and respect of his difficult new companion—a task that at times seems almost impossible.

John Flanagan returns for one final bow to the series that has conquered millions of readers worldwide with this pulse-pounding adventure that brings one era to a close, and ushers in the next.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fascinating series. The cover definitely promises that the story is action-filled.
    My Friday post features FEVER SEASON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to read this series but just not gotten to it. :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was younger I read the first few books in this series and remember really enjoying them! Always meant to continue with them, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Great choice!

    My F56: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/12/friday-56-dead-mans-drive.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this series before, but it does seem like it could be good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of this series before but never read them, it actually seems like something my brother would love! I'll have to recommend it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome looking series. I will keep and eye out for it. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know some folks who would love this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I have a feeling her mentor will have their hands full. This looks exciting.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/12/11/the-friday-56-88-somewhere-only-we-know/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds full of excitement. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a new to me series and author - sounds pretty good - will add it to my list:) Thanks for visiting my Friday post earlier

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this series before, but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only read the first book in this series, but I really enjoyed it. Going to have to continue. :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though I have a high school library there are still kids who LOVE this series by John Flanagan. I haven't even read one of them. Guess I should. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a character I would love to read about.
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!