Monday, December 14, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 14, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

I swear I don't know where the past week went. One day it was Monday. I blinked and it was Saturday. I didn't do anything but the time just zipped by. We are having an unusual December here in SE Minnesota. Temperatures were at or near 50 degrees all week. The grass is crispy but still green. It is hard to get in the mood for Christmas when the weather is more like Spring. I'm not complaining because any day without snow is a good day in the winter here. I really should start thinking about what my plans are for the holiday break though. We are off from December 23 until January 4 this year.

Read Last Week
The Mystery of Hollow Places by Rebecca Podos was an enjoyable mystery. I liked the main character despite my fear that she would turn out to be an unreliable narrator (**she wasn't). The blurb is accurate when it says this is a story of love, loss, and identity. My review will be posted on January 21.

Currently
Having finished my January review books, I decided to treat myself by reading The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa and finishing up her Iron Fey series.

Next Week
These are the first of my February review books.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
I added Uprooted by Naomi Novik to my stack this week. I have heard good things about it and liked the first couple of her adult fantasy books.

I also got an ARC of The Rule of Mirrors by Caragh O'Brien. I read the first book in this series as an ARC too and enjoyed it. It will be released on February 16.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

6 comments:

  1. I have not yet read any Kagawa books yet, and I feel like I'm missing out. I know what you mean about the weather. I can't believe I was wearing t-shirts and no coat over the weekend, but I think Indiana is finally going to have seasonal weather just in time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like winter in my neck of the woods - if we get a sprinkle of snow, my entire city shuts down! :) I'm hoping to read Uprooted, but it keeps getting borrowed from my library, which I guess is a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVED The Iron Warrior!! Cannot wait for Rule of Mirrors! Been too long of a wait for that one!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grade sevens love Ranger's Apprentice, so I'm glad there are so many in the series! Although I have yet to read one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mystery of Hollow Places looks really interesting. I haven't read any of Kagawa's novels yet - but the covers all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to get to more of Julie Kagawa's books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!