Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Inherit the Stars by Tessa Ellwood

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Have hers grown back? Because Aston at the medicenter on South has this stuff that kind of works? Well, it hasn't yet, but he promises—"
This week my teaser comes from Inherit the Stars by Tessa Ellwood. I got this eARC from NetGalley for review. Here is the description from Amazon:
Three royal houses ruling three interplanetary systems are on the brink of collapse, and they must either ally together or tear each other apart in order for their people to survive.

Asa is the youngest daughter of the house of Fane, which has been fighting a devastating food and energy crisis for far too long. She thinks she can save her family’s livelihood by posing as her oldest sister in an arranged marriage with Eagle, the heir to the throne of the house of Westlet. The appearance of her mother, a traitor who defected to the house of Galton, adds fuel to the fire, while Asa also tries to save her sister Wren's life . . . possibly from the hands of their own father.

But as Asa and Eagle forge a genuine bond, will secrets from the past and the urgent needs of their people in the present keep them divided?

Author Tessa Elwood's debut series is an epic romance at heart, set against a mine field of political machinations, space adventure, and deep-seeded family loyalties.

8 comments:

  1. Not completely sure this is a book for me, but I like your teaser ... makes me want to know what needs to grow back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't usually my genre but your teaser and opening quotes rather grab me. I'll look into it. Here's my teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-12O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like there's plenty of drama in this plot! Your Teaser makes me ask, "What hasn't grown back?"
    My Tuesday post features the Rawhide ‘n Roses anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh interesting teaser! That's a new to me read!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAVE WHAT GROWN BACK!? I'm HIGHLY intrigued! And i have seen this one around quite a bit lately, will have to check it out! Congrats on the 2000th post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious to know the back story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 2000th post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of this book. Your teaser is perfect because I need to know more about this mysterious thing that has grown back!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!