Friday, January 1, 2016

Friday Memes: Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Yesterday I didn't win a Nobel Prize. I didn't win one last year or the year before that, either. Each of these stacked up behind me in a neat pile of non-Nobel-Prize-winning days. And I hated every one of them.
Friday 56:
I grabbed Adam's arm and forced it to his side, shuffling him off past the line of trucks. My face flushed with heat. I made a quick wave and muttered an apology to the confused wannabe cowboys.
This week I am spotlighting Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description from Amazon:
It was a dark and stormy night when Tor Frankenstein accidentally hits someone with her car. And kills him. But, all is not lost-Tor, being the scientific genius she is, brings him back to life...

Thus begins a twisty, turn-y take on a familiar tale, set in the town of Hollow Pines, Texas, where high school is truly horrifying.

5 comments:

  1. I'm wondering what you think of the book so far? I wonder if students are familiar enough with the original story to be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you liking this, sounds interesting?

    Stormi
    Friday memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds intriguing. Hope you're liking it. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a whole lot going on. I hope it comes together well.
    Happy new year and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!