Monday, January 11, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Jan. 11, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

Our first week back after Christmas Break just flew by. We are nearing the end of the first semester. Students are busy trying to finish projects before they change classes. I am busy trying to keep up with the assessing and trying to get a head start on the next semester when I will see seven new groups of students.

Our weather has finally started to look like winter. We have had snow, rain, and/or sleet every day this week. Next comes the cold! Luckily, I live very close to work and haven't had to deal with the snow covered, icy or slushy roads for more than 3/4 mile. 

This is perfect bundling weather except it also seems to be meeting season at work. I had one Wednesday evening last week and have one next Wednesday after school too. Then there is the Continuing Education Committee meeting that I am trying to schedule around all the other meetings and the craziness of the last week of the semester and the first week of the new semester. Right now, it looks like the first week in February might be our opening.

Read Last Week

My plans to concentrate on YA books was derailed when I received a few adult books that needed to be read and reviewed before my February releases. I only had a chance to read one YA book this week.
Behind the Canvas by Alexander Vance was a excellent adventure that also included a lot of information about art and artists. My review will be posted on Feb. 17.

Currently
I just started The Shadow Queen by C. J. Redwine and am enjoying it so far.

Next Week
These three review books are next on my stack:
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
I have heard good things about Need by Joelle Charbonneau. I bought a Kindle copy when it was featured on my BookBub newsletter for $2.99. 

I was approved by Macmillan at NetGalley for Stone Field by Christy Lenzi on Friday. I had asked for this one first when I got the catalog in August. When it didn't arrive, I asked for it at NetGalley. It was long enough ago that I thought I wouldn't be receiving it. It is a romance that will be released on March 29.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

7 comments:

  1. We got our first snow yesterday and we are supposed to get 1-3 inches tonight through tomorrow. I hate it! I'm glad you don't have to drive very far to work. For me it is about 40 minutes which can be stressful.

    I've got The Shadow Queen on my TBR pile and will be reading it either later this month or early next month. I want to read The Girl From Everywhere. I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...snow...we got a few centimeters a few weeks ago, it was gone by the end of the day, and it was more than enough for me, hopefully that will be it for the year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very excited to hear what you think about The Girl from Everywhere. I don't know anyone who has read it yet, but it sounds so very interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! So excited for Shadow Queen! Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Behind the Canvas looks like an interesting read. I clicked on your link to read your review on Manners and Mutiny, and then quickly change my mind. I decided to read the book myself. I just love the series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Behind the Canvas sounds so great! My dad runs art museums, so art has been a big part of my life. Thank you for sharing!

    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Shadow Queen looks really interesting. And Behind the Canvas has a lovely book cover too. Thanks for sharing these new titles.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!