Friday, January 1, 2016

State of the Stack (Jan. 1, 2016)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet I list them in publication order and sort them by month. I can quickly see how many books I have for each date. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books. Check my spreadsheet to find out where I got each book.

I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full.

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit.

My Review Pile

February
 The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig (Feb. 16)
Fighting Dirty by Lori Foster (Feb. 23)
Behind the Canvas by Alexander Vance (Feb. 23)
The Shadow Queen by C. J. Redwine (Feb. 23)

March
Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie (March 1)
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (March 1)
The Infamous Heir by Elizabeth Michels (March 1)
The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins (March 8)
Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend (March 8)
A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann (March 15)
Tumbled Graves by Brenda Chapman (March 22)
The Inn Between by Marina Cohen (March 22)
 Cold Girl by R. M. Greenaway (March 28)
The Girl in the Tower by Lisa Schroeder (March 29)

April
Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima (April 5)
Flawed by Cecelia Ahern (April 5)
The Nameless City by Faith Erin Hicks (April 5)
Mr. Fahrenheit by T. Michael Martin (April 19)
Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey (April 19)
Ferals #2: The Swarm Descends by Jacob Grey (April 26)

May
The May Queen Murders by Sarah Jude (May 3)
Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman (May 3)
The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight (May 3)
Even If the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia (May 10)
The Last Time We Were Us by Leah Konen (May 10)
Spark by Holly Schindler (May 17)
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye (May 17)
The Hunt by Megan Shepherd (May 24)
The Underdogs by Sara Hammel (May 31)

June & July



With Malice by Eileen Cook (June 7)
Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi (June 14)
The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele (June 21)
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (July 5)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan (Jan. 14)
  2. The 8th Circle by Sarah Cain (Jan. 14)
  3. Unholy Blue by Darby Kaye (Jan. 16)
  4. Night Study by Maria V. Snyder (Jan. 21)
  5. Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers (Jan. 28)
  6. End Game by Tess Diamond (Dec. 20)
  7. Curio by Evangeline Denmark (Dec. 30)
  8. Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan (Feb. 4)
  9. Jockey Girl by Shelley Peterson (Feb. 6) 
  10. These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker (Feb. 11) 
  11. The Rule of Mirrors by Caragh O'Brien (Feb. 13)
Read Previously, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. In the Company of Wolves by Paige Tyler (Dec. 2)
  2. Inherit the Stars by Tessa Elwood (Dec. 3)
  3. Secret Sisters by Jayne Ann Krentz (Dec. 3)
  4. She Can Kill by Melinda Leigh (Dec. 5)
  5. Once Shadows Fall by Robert Daniels (Dec. 12)
  6. Killing Trail by Margaret Mizushima (Dec. 17)
  7. Kill Without Mercy by Alexandra Ivy (Dec. 24)
  8. The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine (Dec. 31)
  9. Haunting Investigation by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Dec. 31)
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses.
  1. End Game by Tess Diamond (Dec. 1)
  2. The Rule of Mirrors by Caragh O'Brien (Feb. 16)
  3. The Infamous Heir by Elizabeth Michels (March 1)
  4. Fighting Dirty by Lori Foster (Feb. 23)
  5. Flawed by Cecelia Ahern (April 5)
  6. The Nameless City by Faith Erin Hicks (April 5)
  7. Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey (April 19)
  8. Curio by Evangeline Denmark (Jan. 5)
  9. The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele (June 21)
  10. Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi (June 14)
  11. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (July 5)
  12. The Hunt by Megan Shepherd (May 24)
  13. Spark by Holly Schindler (May 17)
  14. The May Queen Murders by Sarah Jude (May 3)
  15. Ferals #2: The Swarm Descends by Jacob Grey (April 26)
  16. The Underdogs by Sarah Hammel (May 31) 
  17. Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman (May 3) 
  18. The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye (May 17) 
  19. Even If the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia (May 10)
  20. The Last Time We Were Us by Leah Konen (May 10)
  21. The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight (May 3)
  22. Known by Kendra Elliot (Jan. 19)
Next Month's Plan

To summarize 2015, I added 163 review books to my stack and read and reviewed 176 2015 releases and 17 2016 releases. I end the year with 34 books in my Review-Pending file with release dates stretching from February until July.

As can be seen by the list I added, December was a big month for stockpiling review books. 

This month's plan is to finish reading and reviewing the February releases and get a head start on the March releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!