Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Memes: A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
The first time I met her was at the tail end of one of those endless weekday nights you caoul only have at a school like Sherringford.
Friday 56:
Her hand tightened on my arm—in horror, I assumed. I didn't dare look over at her.

"This is Charlotte Holmes," I said quietly. "She's not my girlfriend."
This week I am spotlighting A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. I am a sucker for anything Sherlock Holmes so I had to download this eARC from Edelweiss. Here is the description from Amazon:
The first book in a witty, suspenseful new trilogy about a brilliant new crime-solving duo: the teen descendants of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. This clever page-turner will appeal to fans of Maureen Johnson and Ally Carter.

Jamie Watson has always been intrigued by Charlotte Holmes; after all, their great-great-great-grandfathers are one of the most infamous pairs in history. But the Holmes family has always been odd, and Charlotte is no exception. She’s inherited Sherlock’s volatility and some of his vices—and when Jamie and Charlotte end up at the same Connecticut boarding school, Charlotte makes it clear she’s not looking for friends.

But when a student they both have a history with dies under suspicious circumstances, ripped straight from the most terrifying of the Sherlock Holmes stories, Jamie can no longer afford to keep his distance. Danger is mounting and nowhere is safe—and the only people they can trust are each other.

10 comments:

  1. I am a sucker too! I have this one to review!

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Thanks for sharing and for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a delightful book. I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan too, so this sounds like a story I'd definitely enjoy.
    My Friday post features WATERCOLORS IN THE RAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about this one, and I have to say that I do like the synopsis. Thanks for sharing, the excerpts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to pick this one up. I've heard great early reviews of it. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in as a sucker too! Love it! Here's mine: http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2016/02/friday56-bookbeginnings-zero-k.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the premise and the very clever title!

    Thanks for always participating in BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really excited to read this! I hope you like it!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!