Monday, February 1, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Feb. 1, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

We started our second semester this week and I got to meet 12 new classes who will be visiting me in the Media Center and the Computer Lab. Everything went well and we have already settled into our new routines.

After last week's car adventures, this week was both calm and trouble-free. I spent some time reading and reviewing and just relaxing after work. 

Read Last Week
Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie begins a new epic fantasy series and was an enjoyable story. The heroine has a unique psychic talent. My review will be posted on February 25.

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro was both a mystery and a story about friendship starring the great-great-great-grandchildren of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson who meet for the first time at a boarding school in Connecticut. It is told by Watson's descendant James Watson who tells about his new friendship with Charlotte Holmes. This also begins a trilogy and I can't wait to read more. My review will be posted on Feb. 27.

Currently
Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend is a contemporary middle grade book that I have for review. It will be released on March 8.

Next Week
The next two books on my review stack are:
Reviews Posted

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Nothing! I didn't add any young adult books to my stack this week.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

5 comments:

  1. Yea for a trouble-free, relaxing week! I always find new books I want to read when I drop by. A Study in Charlotte sounds wonderful! I love Sherlock Holmes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your semester is off to a good start and that you had a better week this week.

    I am glad to hear you liked A Study in Charlotte. I have that on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I cannot wait to read The Great Hunt and I am seeing a lot of Assassin's Heart lately so much that I am pretty much taking it off my wishlist and buying it asap!! LOL! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Ms Martin - all these books are unfamiliar to me - will definitely check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad this week is better for you than last. I want the Natasha Friend book. My readers and I are fans of her work. I can't wait to find out if this one is as edgy as the others.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!