Monday, February 29, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Feb. 29, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

This was midquarter's week. I spent the week hounding kids to turn things in, assessing and grading. Now I have to wait to see how many parents I hear from. Otherwise, the week was quiet with seasonable weather. Our snow is quickly melting away though we are expecting a bit more this coming week. I know that I am eager for spring and longer days. 

Read Last Week
I finally read The Nameless City by Faith Erin Hicks. I had both an ARC and a finished copy for review. I enjoyed this graphic novel very much. I thought the art was excellent and the story had more meat than most graphic novels I've read. My review will be posted on March 23.

I got an excerpt from Rebel in the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton this week from Penguin's First to Read program. It contained the first three chapters of this fantasy and was enough that I went to Amazon to buy the book. I should be getting it on release day - March 8. My thoughts on the excerpt will be posted on March 2.

Currently
I am currently reading Winter by Marissa Meyer. I am savoring this chunkster as I get to reconnect with the characters from the earlier books. As I write this, I'm on page 370. I'm reading a couple hundred pages and then reading something else so that I can draw out the experience of finishing this story.

Next Week
Next on the pile are these review books:
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
I got The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead from Penguin's First to Read program along with an excerpt from Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

6 comments:

  1. I want to read The Glittering Court and Rebel of The Sands. I requested the ARC of Rebel of the Sands but don't think I'll be approved as I haven't heard back yet. I may just try to get it from the library when it is released.

    I loved Winter and I can understand why you want to savor it. I am currently reading Stars Above, a collection of novellas from that series. Some of them are previously released but there are some new ones too so after you finish Winter you can look forward to some more stories from Cinder and company. :)

    I am looking forward to spring too and we didn't get that much snow this year. I just hate winter. I know that the weird weather we've been having here (one day in the 60s and then a few in the 30s with snow all in the same week) is messing with the plant life too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Winter and understand why you want to stretch it out. Now that I've read the series, I keep debating with myself about which is my favorite. I keep changing my mind. I do want to read the collection of novellas just so I can revisit the world of Luna and Earth again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebel of the Sands has a cover that drew me in immediately - can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice! SO looking forward to Rebel of the Sands and Glittering Court!!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not gotten to Winter yet, but I definitely need to do so soon. I really love that series. The Nameless City and Rebel of the Sands both sound really good also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've put The Nameless City on my watch list.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!