Monday, February 8, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Feb. 8, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

This week was consumed by the "cold that defies description." I finally went to Fast Care after school on Friday to find out it is bronchitis. I was prescribed some strong pills to mute my cough, which I expected, and steroids for the infection, which is new to me. I don't think I've ever gotten steroids for bronchitis.

We also had two snow days this past week. I was delighted to nurse my cold on my couch on Tuesday and Wednesday and watch the snow fall and the wind blow without having to go out in it. Our teaching contract requires that teachers make up the hours missed. Half of those hours can be done at home; the rest need to be at school. I made up about 4 of my 11 hours rearranging my calendars and lesson plans. I also set up the next two lessons in Google Classroom for my 4th and 5th graders.

I also spent a fair amount of time trying to reschedule our Continuing Education committee meeting. It is really hard to find a day when a majority of our seven members are available to meet. After trying to find a date next week, I gave up and asked about the week after. Hopefully, we'll be meeting on February 18, weather permitting.

This coming Monday night I have to be at an Open House for the Middle School/High School. Our school is on the block schedule and teachers got whole new groups of kids on January 26. It is going to be a similar event to our Open House in September. The elementary keeps the same kids all year and does not have this Open House. They do have two evenings of conferences in March.

Read Last Week
The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins begins an epic fantasy series. It was enjoyable and I'll be looking forward to the next book. My review will be posted on March 5.

Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend was an entertaining middle grade contemporary story filled with problems for the young heroine. My review will be posted on March 3.

Currently

Nothing. I'm finishing up an adult book right now.

Next Week
The next two books on my stack are review books.
After the review books, I plan to read a couple 2015 arrivals on TBR mountain.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

I got one book for TBR mountain and three books for my review stack this week.
Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys was a Kindle Deal. I have been curious about this one.

Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan is a fantasy/dystopia that will be released on April 5. I got the eARC from NetGalley.
The Secret Fire by Whitaker Ringwald concludes the trilogy that began with The Secret Box. I got this one from Edelweiss and it will be released on June 21.

What the Dead Want by Norah Olson will be released on July 12. I got this one from Edelweiss too.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

4 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! Cannot wait to read The Great Hunt! Look forward to your thoughts on it! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a jam-packed schedule, and you still manage to get so much reading done, so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the look of Naomi Novik's Uprooted. I just read the first book in the Lunar Chronicles - and enjoyed it. Hope to get to Winter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about having to make up the work you missed. That really sucks. I'm looking forward to reading Where You'll Find Me and look forward to our review

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!