Thursday, March 31, 2016

State of the Stack (March 31, 2016)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet I list them in publication order and sort them by month. I can quickly see how many books I have for each date. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books. Check my spreadsheet to find out where I got each book.

I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full.

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit.

My Review Pile

May
The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry (May 3)
Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman (May 3)
The Last Time We Were Us by Leah Konen (May 10)
Even If the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia (May 10)
The Giant Smugglers by Chris Pauls and Matt Solomon (May 17)
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye (May 17)
Spark by Holly Schindler (May 17)
The Hunt by Megan Shepherd (May 24)
The Underdogs by Sara Hammel (May 31)
 
June
 To Love a Wolf by Paige Tyler (June 7)
Fan the Flames by Katie Ruggle (June 7)
Julia Vanishes by Catherine Egan (June 7)
The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May (June 7)
With Malice by Eileen Cook (June 7)
The Haunting of Falcon House by Eugene Yelchin (June 14)
Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi (June 14)
The Secret Fire by Whitaker Ringwald (June 21)
The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele (June 21)

July & August
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (July 5)
What the Dead Want by Norah Olson (July 12)
Trapped by S. A. Bodeen (July 26)
The Ministry of SUITs by Paul Gamble (July 26)
The Gilded Cage by Lucinda Gray (August 2)
The Secret Sea by Barry Lyga (August 23)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. A Lady in the Smoke by Karen Odden (March 24)
  2. Silence by Mercedes Lackey and Cody Martin (March 30)
  3. Stone Field by Christy Lenzi (March 26)
  4. The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead (March 30)
  5. I Dream of Dragons by Ashlyn Chase (March 31)
  6. Tommy McKnight and the Great Election by Danny Kravitz (April 7) 
  7. Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima (March 31)
  8. Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle (April 2) 
  9. Flawed by Cecelia Ahern (April 2)
  10. Nightstruck by Jenna Black (April 6)
  11. Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan (April 9) 
  12. The Obsession by Nora Roberts (April 9) 
  13. Dying for a Taste by Leslie Karst (April 13)
  14. Mr. Fahrenheit by T. Michael Martin (April 14)
  15. Cold Girl by RM Greenaway (April 14)
  16. Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey (April 16) 
  17. 'Til Death Do Us Part by Amanda Quick (April 16) 
  18. Ferals #2: The Swarm Descends by Jacob Grey (April 21) 
  19. The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight (April 23) 
  20. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi (April 27)
Reviewed This Month
  1. Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend
  2. The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins
  3. A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann
  4. The Skeleton Garden by Marty Wingate
  5. The Inn Between by Marina Cohen
  6. Tumbled Graves by Brenda Chapman
  7. Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben
  8. The Nameless City by Faith Erin Hicks
  9. The Girl in the Tower by Lisa Schroeder
  10. A Lady in the Smoke by Karen Odden
  11. Stone Field by Christy Lenzi
  12. The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
  13. Silence by Mercedes Lackey and Cody Martin
  14. Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima
  15. I Dream of Dragons by Ashlyn Chase
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses.
  1. The Obsession by Nora Roberts (Penguin's First to Read - April 12)
  2. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi (Amazon Vine - May 3)
  3. To Love a Wolf by Paige Tyler (NetGalley - June 7)
  4. Megan's Brood by Roy Burdine (Author - July 7, 2015)
Next Month's Plan

Things are moving in the right direction. I added four books and read 20. My goal is zero review books ASAP. As much as I love reviewing books, I really want to read some of the books that have been gathering dust on TBR mountain while I focused on review books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!