Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Girl in the Tower by Lisa Schroeder

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"The hummingbirds are like me," she'd said, flapping her arms and running around the garden. "They are small, but they can do amazing things. I might be small, but I can be a pirate or a princess or an artist. I can do amazing things, too. We are alike, the birds and me." She'd flapped her arms harder, pretending to fly.
This week my teaser comes from The Girl in the Tower by Lisa Schroeder. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description:
Ever since she could remember, Violet and her mother have been locked away in a tower by the evil Queen Bogdana, who has the kingdom under her spell. The queen has all she wants except one thing - beauty. Violet possesses this beauty. She also has a secret: though she is very small, both her spirit and her heart are mighty.

When Violet is summoned by Bogdana to start training to become a real princess, it seems like her life might be taking a turn for the better. But hope quickly fades when Violet's mother is expelled from the castle and they're forbidden to see each other ever again. With everyone's lives in the balance, it's up to Violet to break the spell and reunite her family.

5 comments:

  1. Aaw. This sounds cute. And such a sweet cover too. I'm always about the cover art. LOL

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, you can be a pirate, princess, artist and so much more!

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a bit grittier than it initially seems - or is it just as cute right the way through? Are you enjoying it? Thank you for swinging by earlier. I have just noticed that you have read 49 books already this year - my goodness - impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the premise of this story. This is one of those books that could make a reader really enjoy the fantasy genre. Such an insightful quote! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!