Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
"Why don't you stop by and see me after school and we'll talk about it."Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend. I got this middle contemporary from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
I nod, as though I am agreeing.
He smiles, as though he believes me.
It's official. I now hate English more than I hate math.
The first month of school, thirteen-year-old Anna Collette finds herself...
But what if all isn't lost? What if Anna's mom didn't exactly mean to leave her? What if Anna's stepmother is cooler than she thought? What if the misfit lunch table isn't such a bad fit after all? With help from some unlikely sources, including a crazy girl-band talent show act, Anna just may find herself on the road to okay.
- DUMPED by her best friend Dani, who suddenly wants to spend eighth grade "hanging out with different people."
- DESERTED by her mom, who's in the hospital recovering from a suicide attempt.
- TRAPPED in a house with her dad, a new baby sister, and a stepmother young enough to wear her Delta Delta Delta sweatshirt with pride.
- STUCK at a lunch table with Shawna the Eyebrow Plucker and Sarabeth the Irish Stepper because she has no one else to sit with.