Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Why don't you stop by and see me after school and we'll talk about it."

I nod, as though I am agreeing.

He smiles, as though he believes me.

It's official. I now hate English more than I hate math.
This week my teaser comes from Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend. I got this middle contemporary from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
The first month of school, thirteen-year-old Anna Collette finds herself...
  • DUMPED by her best friend Dani, who suddenly wants to spend eighth grade "hanging out with different people."
  • DESERTED by her mom, who's in the hospital recovering from a suicide attempt.
  • TRAPPED in a house with her dad, a new baby sister, and a stepmother young enough to wear her Delta Delta Delta sweatshirt with pride.
  • STUCK at a lunch table with Shawna the Eyebrow Plucker and Sarabeth the Irish Stepper because she has no one else to sit with.
But what if all isn't lost? What if Anna's mom didn't exactly mean to leave her? What if Anna's stepmother is cooler than she thought? What if the misfit lunch table isn't such a bad fit after all? With help from some unlikely sources, including a crazy girl-band talent show act, Anna just may find herself on the road to okay.

4 comments:

  1. Heehee! Nice! Though I always loved English and disliked math. I loathed science though! LOL!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been awhile since I've read MG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the heroine has a lot of challenges to overcome, and it also sounds like she does. I think I'd enjoy this story.
    My Tuesday post features THE ALL-GIRL FILLING STATION’S LAST REUNION by Fannie Flagg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover and synopsis for this one have grabbed me. However that teaser just makes me want more! I am already empathizing with this character. I hope that you enjoyed it! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!