Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday Memes: Flawed by Cecelia Ahern

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
I am a girl of definitions, of logic, of black and white.

Remember this.
Friday 56 (from location 560 on my Kindle):
I can barely hear him over the coughing, over my pounding heart. Does nobody else hear the old man? Does nobody see him? I look around, flustered. All eyes are staring out the window or on him in disgust, as if he's about the infect all of us with his flaws.
This week I am spotlighting Flawed by Cecelia Ahern. I got this eARC from Macmillan via NetGalley. Here is the description:
Celestine North lives a perfect life. She's a model daughter and sister, she's well-liked by her classmates and teachers, and she's dating the impossibly charming Art Crevan.

But then Celestine encounters a situation in which she makes an instinctive decision. She breaks a rule and now faces life-changing repercussions. She could be imprisoned. She could be branded. She could be found FLAWED.

In her breathtaking young adult debut, bestselling author Cecelia Ahern depicts a society in which perfection is paramount and flaws are punished. And where one young woman decides to take a stand that could cost her everything.

11 comments:

  1. I have been really intrigued by this. I love her other books but I am kind of nervous about a YA book from her!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/friday-reads-1st-april-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flawed sounds like a very unique young adult novel and the opening sentence has me curious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great beginning. She lets you know up front. I would love for you to check out mine... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsSOTB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a strange sounding book, but I am intrigued. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is new to me - sounds interesting - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahern is so relatable. Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve the beginning! Ahern is a mixed bag for me. Hope this one's a goody!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely one I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That beginning really pulled me in! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read about this one on NetGalley, cool that you got it ! It sounds very interesting.. ^^
    Thanks for visiting my blog ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!