Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Memes: Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
"Oh, my, this is embarrassing," Miss Juliana Telford said aloud. There was no reason to keep her thoughts to herself, as she was alone, completely alone. In fact, that was half of the problem. The other half was, of course, that she was hanging off the side of a cliff with the inability to climb either up or down and in dire need of rescue.
Friday 56 (from location 560 on my Kindle):
"You refer to the security of a well-heeled purse."

"I hesitate to be indelicate, but yes."

There was no missing the glance that traveled up and down her old riding costume.

Juliana shook her head and tried, unsuccessfully, not to grin. "I have no concerns in that regard."
This week I am spotlighting Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
In Love, Lies and Spies, Cindy Anstey's hilarious homage to Jane Austen, a lady with a penchant for trouble finds a handsome spy much more than merely tolerable.

Juliana Telford is not your average nineteenth-century young lady. She's much more interested in researching ladybugs than marriage, fashionable dresses, or dances. So when her father sends her to London for a season, she's determined not to form any attachments. Instead, she plans to secretly publish her research.

Spencer Northam is not the average young gentleman of leisure he appears. He is actually a spy for the War Office, and is more focused on acing his first mission than meeting eligible ladies. Fortunately, Juliana feels the same, and they agree to pretend to fall for each other. Spencer can finally focus, until he is tasked with observing Juliana's traveling companions . . . and Juliana herself.

10 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one and the cover art is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds fun. I wonder why she's hanging off the cliff. LOL

    My Friday 56 from The Overnight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd enjoy this one.

    I'm featuring Between you and me this week. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like a book I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to read this book. I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it yet or wait for the library gets it. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of this one. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need this book! (so much so that I just hunted it down on NetGalley to request it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delightful!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really looking forward to this one! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!