Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Ferals #2: The Swarm Descends by Jacob Grey

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"He might know something about that black stone," said Caw.

He couldn't just carry it around without the slightest clue why it was so special and he was pretty sure that his mother wouldn't want him to. She would have told him what it was herself, if she could. He was sure of it.
This week my teaser comes from The Swarm Descends by Jacob Grey which is the second book in the Ferals series. Here is the description from Amazon:
Ferals #2: The Swarm Descends is the second book in a dark middle grade fantasy series that’s part Batman, part The Graveyard Book, and all page-turning adventure.

The sinister Spinning Man has been defeated—but a powerful new villain has risen from the shadows. The Mother of Flies has eyes everywhere, and she is searching for Caw. As the last survivor of a long line of crow ferals, Caw holds a crucial piece of Blackstone’s legacy—one the Mother of Flies will stop at nothing to find.

With his friend Lydia and his loyal crows by his side, Caw believes he can protect his city. But it will take more than crows to defeat this darkness....

6 comments:

  1. Oh this looks like a series I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what an amazing cover. I would probably love this series. Thanks for showing it!

    Here is my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks a bit bleak for my granddaughter, but I can definitely see my grandson growing into this series... Are you enjoying it? Mine this week is a sci fi military adventure https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/04/19/teaser-tuesday-19th-april-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser! Totally new to me read! Hope you're enjoying or enjoyed it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series sounds really good. I have got to check it out as I enjoy middle grade stories.

    My TT from Station 331 by Darcy Coates

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds like such a fun fantasy novel. Definitely my favourite genre. I am wanting to know more about that black stone! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!