Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Memes: The Giant Smugglers by Matt Solomon

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
A slew of newly crowned seniors gathered to celebrate finally becoming the ruling party of Richland Center High School in the darkened quarry just outside of town.
Friday 56:
"Hey there," said Rita, hearing the boy's footsteps and turning away from the screen. "Someone had a big date tonight. Can a mother ask a few questions?'

"No?" said Charlie hopefully.
This week I am spotlighting The Giant Smugglers by Matt Solomon and Chris Pauls. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description from Amazon:
Charlie Lawson's only summer excitement in small-town Wisconsin came from kicking butt in video games, where he's the undisputed Total Turbo champ. Now it's time to go back to middle school, where nine long months of boredom await.

But then Charlie stumbles onto something big happening inside the abandoned warehouse across the street from his house. Specifically, someone big. He befriends Bruce, a twenty-foot-tall teenage giant, who Charlie must keep a secret.

Charlie isn't the only one in town who knows what's hiding in the warehouse. Powerful, ruthless forces are closing in, and they'll stop at nothing to acquire a giant. But Charlie will do whatever it takes to protect the biggest and best friend he's ever had.

8 comments:

  1. You have me curious for more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently seen this one something not sure where...lol. It looks cute, I hope you enjoyed it.

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stories that take place in small towns, and this sounds like a good one. I'm definitely curious about the twenty-foot-tall giant!
    My Friday post features THE LIE THAT TELLS A TRUTH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love this book since the characters name is RITA and that is my daughter's name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I completely didn't expect a book with a giant as a main character. Giant books are hard to come by from what I've seen so this could be good. Matt Solomon also sounds very familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like an interesting book - sounds good- I am curious about the recommended reading ages though? Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds fantastical:) I'd like to read it.

    My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!