Monday, May 9, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 9, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

Other than a little medication drama, this was a quiet week. It is hard to get a prescription renewed when your doctor is out of the country! I got my refill with three days to spare but worried for a week that I was going to run out of medicine. Since it was for my Crohn's disease which is exacerbated by stress, it wasn't a very fun few days. I'm really glad that I usually have a two week supply of medicine when I try to refill.

The weather is improving though and the trees are finally leafing out. Yesterday the air conditioning ran at my house. The weekend is looking a little cooler but still very pleasant.

This week has the final day that I will be evicted from my Media Center for testing. Then it should be smooth sailing until the end of the school year. Smooth at least if you don't mind rearranging calendars. There are music programs, field trips, track and field days and other disruptions but they aren't bad to work around when the end of the year is in sight.

Read Last Week
With Malice by Eileen Cook was a fascinating psychological thriller about a girl with a traumatic brain injury who might or might not have deliberately killed her best friend in a car accident. The Italian police think she did. She doesn't know. All the public on social media has an opinion. My review will be posted on June 2.

The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May is the sequel to The Falconer. I enjoyed this historical fantasy very much. It is the second book in a trilogy so some plot lines are not resolved. My review will be published on June 4.

Steeplejack by A. J. Hartley is a mystery set in a fantasy world. I really liked the world building and the characters were great too. My review will be posted on June 8.

Currently
Next up on my review stack is Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi.

Next Week
The Haunting of Falcon House by Eugene Yelchin is from my review stack.

Miss Mayhem is the second book in the Rebel Belle series. This is an autographed book I got at an author signing which will be donated to my HS Media Center as soon as I read it.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

This was a big week what with the SYNC Audiobook Program starting and a big box of Fall review books from Macmillan.
The first two SYNC audiobooks were Vivian Apple at the End of the World by Katie Coyle and The Great Tennessee Monkey Trial by Peter Goodchild.
I also bought a few books in series that I'm reading.
New Review Books
The Ones by Daniel Sweren-Becker (Sept. 6)
Nemesis by Anna Banks (Oct. 4)
 The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia (Oct. 4)
Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig (Oct. 4)
The Row by J. R. Johansson (Oct. 11)
Flashfall by Jenny Moyer (Nov. 15)
Gap Life by John Coy (Nov. 22)

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get your prescription! I went to pick up my prescription on Saturday and it wasn't there. I keep having issues with my doctor's office and prescription refills. It is frustrating.

    We have warmer weather here too but unfortunately it comes with quite a bit of rain. Hopefully we won't get any flooding in the area.

    I have The Winner's Kiss checked out from the library and I am awfully tempted to by A Court of Mist and Fury. I've heard mostly good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! A mix of new to me and familiar titles! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to keep on top of my medication for asthma too, but sometimes it is pretty dicey. On occasion, I've had the pharmacist give me a few ahead of time just to get me through.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!