Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday Memes: The Haunting of Falcon House by Eugene Yelchin

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Mother often hummed while sketching. I never mentioned it, not wanting to embarrass her.
Friday 56:
All sense of relief abandoned me at once. Olga Lvovna thumped his knee with her lorgnette "Enough dawdling! Go fetch the key!"
This week I am spotlighting The Haunting of Falcon House by Eugene Yelchin. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description from Amazon:
A long undisturbed bedroom. A startling likeness. A mysterious friend.
When twelve-year-old Prince Lev Lvov goes to live with his aunt at Falcon House, he takes his rightful place as heir to the Lvov family estate. Prince Lev dreams of becoming a hero of Russia like his great ancestors. But he'll discover that dark secrets haunt this house. Prince Lev is the only one who can set them free-will he be the hero his family needs?

9 comments:

  1. What a creepy cover! I enjoy Yelchin's work. Thanks for the heads up!

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this author before but the description and the cover gives off come very scary vibes
    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one, but that cover is all kinds of frightening. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks interesting, thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a cute read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds pretty good - what age group is this recommended for? Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I hadn't heard of this before now, but I definitely want to read it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a really fun book for kids. I think the book I am reading, The Lie Tree, is advertised for 12-18 year-olds so you might want to take a look at it for your library.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!