Monday, June 13, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 13, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

My first week of vacation has been nicely relaxing. I have read, played computer games, and caught up on my sleep. I have also been working on assignments for next year as I tweak this year's assignments based on how they went. I have been writing more detailed directions. I have a couple of other assignments that I want to work on over the summer and thought I'd spread the load by getting one or two done each week.

Next week, I'll be heading to my summer home. I've been packing the books I want to take along with me. Bags and bags of books! Clothing and other stuff can wait until later. The books are the important things to pack.

Read Last Week

My book choices this week were mostly from my TBR mountain.
Silver on the Road by Laura Anne Gilman was an entertaining fantasy set in the American West. I enjoyed the world building and the characters in this one and have already put the next in the series on my Amazon Wishlist. My review will be posted on July 2.

Wildefire by Karsten Knight had been on my TBR mountain since July 31, 2013 (Kindle) and July 26, 2011(hardcover). I enjoyed this contemporary paranormal. I had the second one on my Kindle and added the final one this week. My review will be posted on July 6.
Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry was an excellent contemporary romance. I liked the characters and thought the story was emotionally intense. My review will be posted on July 7.

What the Dead Want by Norah Olson was my only review book of the week. I thought it was well-written and spooky. My review will be posted on July 14 for this July 26 release. (I've already added it to my next MSHS book order, too.)

Currently
I am currently reading Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas which is the fourth book in the Throne of Glass series. I bought this one Aug. 20, 2015.

Next Week
With Monday being consumed by medical tests and doctor's appointments and Tuesday being a travel day to my summer home, here are the three books I hope to read next week.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
This week's SYNC Audiobooks were Zac and Mia by A. J. Betts and I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. You can get yours by downloading them before next Thursday.

After spending an hour reading and holding Queen of Shadows, I decided that I needed to have my "chunksters" as Kindle books instead of print books. The print ones will be donated to my High School Media Center next fall.
I bought Kindle copies of Forever by Maggie Stiefvater and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.
I also bought Kindle copies of A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas and Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas.
I received a print ARC of Flying by Carrie Jones from Tor Teen this week. It was a surprise but sounded good enough to be added to my calendar.
I also bought Kindle copies of Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater and Afterglow by Karsten Knight.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying your summer vacation so far. Sounds like you have a good plan to get things accomplished for next school year too.

    I like reading bigger books on my Kindle. It is so much easier on my wrists. I loved A Court of Mist and Fury and need to read the Throne of Glass series someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Some new (ish) to me reads there! Can't wait to read ACOMAF myself! Shooting for next month! Hope you enjoy all the reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!