Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Okay," I say, kind of excited about the assignment. It's not hard, it's something I typically do anyway, and maybe it will help. Maybe it'll point me in the direction I need to go.
This week I am spotlighting Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi. I got this eARC from Edelweiss. Here is the description from Amazon:
From the author of The Night We Said Yes comes a fun and heartfelt YA contemporary tale. When Maude decides to search for information about her birth mother, she finds out more than she expected. Perfect for fans of Stephanie Perkins and Susane Colasanti.

Family. It’s always been a loaded word for Maude, whose birth mother died after giving her up for adoption. With her best friend, Treena, in college in the same town where her birth mother grew up, Maude decides to visit and explore her past. But when Maude arrives, she quickly discovers that Treena doesn’t seem to have time for her—or for helping with her search. Enter Bennett, a cute guy who lives in Treena’s dorm. He understands Maude’s need to find her mother. And as Bennett helps Maude, she starts to realize that her mother’s past doesn’t have to define her own future.

8 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing and enjoy. Here's mine: “THE GIRLS”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been excited about this one for a while now. Lauren Gibaldi always writes such relatable stories. This one sounds as though there is a mysterious element to it. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a delightful book that I'd enjoy. I've been reading more YA lately.
    My Tuesday post features LA VIE EN ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like she's got it together! Total opposite of me! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the teaser! It sounds like a really entertaining read. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been excited for this book for quite a while now. It just seems like my type of book! Great teaser, I hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the synopsis. Could be an emotional and uplifting journey.

    My TT from Chasing Fireflies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, what kind of assignment? This sounds like a heartwarming read (: Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!