Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday Memes: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
I walk to the bus station by myself.
Friday 56:
I strip off my shirt and give the gold cross around my neck a rub. I'm not religious - it's a talisman.
This week I am spotlighting Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. This one has been sitting on TBR mountain for a while. Here is the description from Amazon:
Simon Snow is the worst Chosen One who's ever been chosen.

That's what his roommate, Baz, says. And Baz might be evil and a vampire and a complete git, but he's probably right.

Half the time, Simon can't even make his wand work, and the other half, he starts something on fire. His mentor's avoiding him, his girlfriend broke up with him, and there's a magic-eating monster running around, wearing Simon's face. Baz would be having a field day with all this, if he were here--it's their last year at the Watford School of Magicks, and Simon's infuriating nemesis didn't even bother to show up.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read. Hope you are enjoying it.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything Rainbow Rowell has written. This I haven't read yet, so thanks for sharing.

    Here's my Friday read - Anxiety for Beginners by Eleanor Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not read anything by this author though I know she is popular, but it's not really my thing. I hope you enjoyed it. :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read Attachments by this author but I really liked it. I really want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon sounds like a fun character. The mention of a school of magic makes me wonder if the author was inspired by Harry Potter.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about this one, looks okay. Enjoy the book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wanna read this one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Carry On, but I've wanted to! I haven't read all the Harry Potter books though, so I don't know if I would get all the parallels. Happy weekend and reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like it could be funny and poignant. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must start putting all these Rainbow Rowell books on my TBR, I haven't read anything! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first time I've seen this - first time I've heard of it too...sounds interesting - thanks for visiting my Friday meme yesaterday

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!