Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Memes: Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
There was a thing waiting in the darkness.
Friday 56:
"You look like a man who got punched in the balls," she said at last.

He cut a glare in her direction. And because he did indeed feel that way, because maybe he was again feeling a bit shattered and reckless, he told her what had happened. Who it had happened with.
This week I am reading Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. This is the 4th book in this amazing fantasy series. Here is the description from Amazon:
Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire-for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past...

She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

Celaena's epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena's story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.

17 comments:

  1. QoS is one of my favourite books last year! SJ Maas is a master and I cannot wait for the 5th in this series in September. Happy reading!

    Di @ Book Reviews By Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favourite character is Manon and I'm so looking forward to seeing more of her!

      Delete
  2. I want to read this one and Maas' books in general. Love the beginning. It's definitely creepy opening line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do want to make time to read at least the first book in the series. They are so popular in the library.
    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very popular - great choice and thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read book #2! I have it but haven't got to it yet. :-)
    I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you enjoy fantasy. Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you enjoy fantasy. Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite books and series! I love Sarah J Maas! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. That beginning is great. Had to laugh at the quote. Maybe he did get punched there. LOL

    My Friday 56 from Scar Tissue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man! I really want to read this book now! Here’s my Friday 56!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any book starting with things waiting in the dark promises to be very interesting and maybe a bit creepy.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wasn't too fond of this installment, but Maas is such a talented writer regardless. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds good. Great 56!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never read any Maas but am intrigued. The beginning is intriguing .... and the 56, well, I can only imagine what his face looked like with the description ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to start this series - I haven't had a chance to do so yet. Thank for visiting my Friday meme earlier

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely need to continue on with this series! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!