Friday, July 22, 2016

Friday Memes: Seizure by Kathy Reichs

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Cannons thumped in the distance.
Friday 56:
My senses vaulted into overdrive, exploding all at once, like a car started with the stereo on full blast. System overload.
I dug deep in TBR mountain to find Seizure by Kathy Reichs. I added this one to LibraryThing on Oct. 11, 2011. Here is the description from Amazon:
Lost treasure. Perilous adventures. Deadly foes.

Tory and her friends are just starting to get a handle on their super-heightened wolf-like capabilities—contracted during a medical experiment gone horribly wrong—when they find out funding is being pulled from the institute where their parents work. The pack now faces its greatest fear—separation. So when Tory stumbles across ancient lore hinting at a lost pirate treasure, the Virals devise a risky plan that pits them against fiendish traps, headless corpses, and deep underground tunnels. But they're not the only ones looking, and the competition could be lethal. They'll need to work as one mystery-solving canine force if they to hope to uncover the lost fortune, save the institute, and stick together!

9 comments:

  1. Adding this one to my TBR! I've read some of Reichs' Temperance Brennan mysteries and while I liked her writing the characters didn't click with me. This sounds like a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new to me book series by this author -I've only read her "Bones" books...great choice. Thanks for visiting my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with this book, but it seems like one I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are finally getting to this TBR book. That should help relieve a bit of stress from the book calling your name for years. Ha!
    Thanks for your feedback on STEEPLEJACK. I am really enjoying it and hope my students will, too.

    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the makings of a great read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her adult series so I think this would be great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually read the first book in this series. It's been a while, so I can'r rightly recall how much I enjoyed it, but it sounds like the characters have a lot of adventure in front of them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great picturesque snippet. I can hear the stereo and feel the brain overload. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read some of the Temperance Brennan books which I've really enjoyed but never any of these before. It sounds good!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!