Friday, July 1, 2016

State of the Stack (July 1, 2016)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet I list them in publication order and sort them by month. I can quickly see how many books I have for each date. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books. Check my spreadsheet to find out where I got each book.

I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full.

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit.

My Review Pile

Pending Arrival 

I've accepted these for review but they haven't arrived in my NetGalley account or my mailbox yet.

These Honored Dead by Jonathan Putnam (August 9)
The Damascus Threat by Matt Rees (August 9)
Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich (August 16)

August
Thrill Kill by Brian Thiem (August 9)
The Secret Sea by Barry Lyga (August 23)
Shadow Falling by Rebecca Zanetti (August 30)
  
September
My Wild Irish Dragon by Ashlyn Chase (Sept. 6)
Roadside Assistance by Marie Harte (Sept. 6)
Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton (Sept. 6)
The Ones by Daniel Sweren-Becker (Sept. 6)
Hard to Hold by Katie Rose (Sept. 13)
The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst (Sept. 20)
Finn's Choice by Darby Karchut (Sept. 20)
Lock and Key: The Initiation by Ridley Pearson (Sept. 20)

October
Nemesis by Anna Banks (Oct. 4)
The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia (Oct. 4)
Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig (Oct. 4)
The Row by J. R. Johansson (Oct. 11)
The Emerald Tablet (Five Elements) by Dan Jolley (Oct. 18)
The Stranger Game by Cyclin Busby (Oct. 25)
Ryan Quinn and the Rebel's Escape by Ron McGee (Oct. 25)
  
November
Living Spectres by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Nov. 1)
Flashfall by Jenny Moyer (Nov. 15)
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst (Nov. 22)
Gap Life by John Coy (Nov. 22)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine (June 29) 
  2. The Waking Fire by Anthony Ryan (June 30) 
  3. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (June 30) 
  4. A Most Curious Murder by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli (July 6) 
  5. Dark Road Home by Anna Carlisle (July 7) 
  6. What the Dead Want by Norah Olson (July 14)
  7. The Sapphire Affair by Lauren Blakely (July 9)
  8. Forgotten Secrets by Robin Perini (July 13) 
  9. Trapped by S. A. Bodeen (July 20) 
  10. The Ministry of SUITs by Paul Gamble (July 21) 
  11. The Bluebonnet Betrayal by Marty Wingate (July 28) 
  12. A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet (July 30) 
  13. The Widower's Wife by Cate Holahan (August 4)
Read Previously, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. Julia Vanishes by Catherine Egan
  2. Targeted by Kendra Elliot
  3. Mortal Fall by Christine Carbo
  4. With Malice by Eileen Cook
  5. Fan the Flames by Katie Ruggle
  6. The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May
  7. To Love a Wolf by Paige Tyler
  8. Steeplejack by A. J. Hartley
  9. Written Off by E. J. Copperman
  10. Autofocus by Lauren Gibaldi
  11. Death on the Sapphire by R. J. Koreto
  12. The Haunting of Falcon House by Eugene Yelchin
  13. The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele
  14. The Secret Fire by Whitaker Ringwald
  15. Boundary Born by Melissa F. Olson
  16. Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet by Charlie N. Holmberg
  17. Seconds to Live by Melinda Leigh
  18. Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine
  19. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
  20. The Waking Fire by Anthony Ryan
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses.
  1. Flying by Carrie Jones (July 19)
  2. The Sapphire Affair by Lauren Blakely (July 12)
  3. Forgotten Secrets by Robin Perini (July 19)
  4. Roadside Assistance by Marie Harte (Sept. 6)
  5. My Wild Irish Dragon by Ashlyn Chase (Sept. 6)
  6. The Widower's Wife by Cate Holahan (August 9)
  7. Finn's Choice by Darby Karchut (Sept. 20)
  8. Shadow Falling by Rebecca Zanetti (Aug. 30)
  9. Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst (Sept. 20)
  10. Dancing with the Tiger by Lili Wright (July 12)
  11. Living Spectres by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Nov. 1)
  12. Thrill Kill by Brian Thiem (August 9)
Next Month's Plan

I'm staying nicely ahead with my review books. I have started reading the ones that will be released in August. However, I am also still waiting for some August releases that I just accepted earlier this week.

I am trying to be more selective in the books I accept. I want to still have time to read the books I buy. 

What is the state of your stack?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!