Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Gilded Cage by Lucinda Gray

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"I think we have a tumbler!" bellows Lord Flint. His wife beside him lets out a peal of laughter.
This week my teaser comes from The Gilded Gage by Lucinda Gray. I got this book for review from Macmillan. Here is the description from Amazon:
After growing up on a farm in Virginia, Walthingham Hall in England seems like another world to sixteen-year-old Katherine Randolph. Her new life, filled with the splendor of upper class England in the 1820s, is shattered when she discovers the corpse of her brother George in a lake on the estate-the tragic accidental drowning of a young man, the coroner reports, despite the wound to George's head.

Katherine is expected to observe the mourning customs and get on with her life, but she can't accept that her brother's death was an accident. A bitter poacher prowls the estate, and strange visitors threaten the occupants of the house. There's a rumor, too, that a wild animal stalks the woods of Walthingham.

Can Katherine retain her sanity long enough to find out the truth? Or will her brother's killer claim her life, too?

8 comments:

  1. Mystery upon mystery in a great era. Sounds really good!

    My TT from Shepherd & the Professor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating! I don't read a lot of historical fiction, but I like the sound of this one. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tumbler? Sounds like an interesting read. Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds intriguing... a historical whodunit. How are you getting on with it? This is my offering...
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/teaser-tuesday-26th-july-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the teaser and the blurb has my attention along with the beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess those upper class types can be deadly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh interesting! Seeing a lot of this one today!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!