Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Book Review: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Mist and Fury
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses (Book 2)
Publication: Bloomsbury USA Childrens (May 3, 2016)

Description: Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court--but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms--and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future--and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.

My Thoughts: Book 2 in the Court of Thrones and Roses series was an amazing epic adventure and love story. Feyre begins the story in the Spring Court planning to marry Tamlin. But things are not perfect. She doesn't like that Tamlin is so obsessed with protecting her that he doesn't notice that she suffers from terrible nightmares and is fading away. He is so determined to protect her that her barely lets her leave his home and won't let her do anything. The final straw comes when he goes away for a couple of days and locks her into the house. She panics when she is unable to leave it.

Luckily, she has a bargain with Rhysand who is the High Lord of the Night Court. He feels her distress and manages to free her and bring her to his lands. Rhys wants to protect her by having her learn to protect herself. When she was killed and then Made, she received powers from each of the High Lords who helped make her. She gradually learns to use them.

She also learns that the Rhys who lives in his land is not the person that she thought he was. He had adopted a persona that allowed him to protect his people while he was under Amarantha's power. As she gradually gets to know him, she wonders if she has made a wrong choice of person to love. But guilt, regrets and nightmares work together to keep her away from the one who is her true love.

Feyre also gets involved in the upcoming war. She, Rhys, and his companions are determined to destroy a cauldron the the King of Hybern plans to use when he destroys the wall separating the fae from the humans and reclaims all the world. First, they have to find the cauldron. Second, they have to find a book that was separated into two parts in the distant past. One part of the book is in the fae world by the second part is in the control of the six mortal queens.

This story was emotionally intense, intensely romantic, and packed with plots within plots. I couldn't put it down and want the rest of the story RIGHT NOW!

Favorite Quote:
I looked toward the mountains, as if I could see all the way to the Spring Court in the south. Tamlin would be furious. He'd shred the manor apart.

But he'd...he'd locked me up. Either he so deeply misunderstood me or he'd been so broken by what went on Under the Mountain, but...he'd locked me up.
I bought this one. You can buy your copy here.

1 comment:

  1. I love a book that leaves you anxious to read more. I've actually finished a book, got out of bed and turned on my computer to buy the next one and send it to my kindle. By the time I crawled back in bed, I was good to go. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!